How do I sprain my ankle quickly?
How is a sprained ankle treated?
Bleakley CM, McDonough SM, MacAuley DC. Some conservative strategies are effective when added to controlled mobilization with external support after acute ankle sprain: a systematic review. Aust J Physiother 2008; 54 (1): 7-20.
De Vries JS, Krips R, Sierevelt IN, Blankevoort L, van Dijk CN. Interventions for treating chronic ankle instability. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; (8): CD004124.
Derry S, Moore RA, Gaskell H, McIntyre M, Wiffen PJ. Topical NSAIDs for acute musculoskeletal pain in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015; (6): CD007402.
Feger MA, Herb CC, Fraser JJ, Glaviano N, Hertel J. Supervised rehabilitation versus home exercise in the treatment of acute ankle sprains: a systematic review. Clin Sports Med 2015; 34 (2): 329-346.
Hansrani V, Khanbhai M, Bhandari S, Pillai A, McCollum CN. The role of compression in the management of soft tissue ankle injuries: a systematic review. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol 2015; 25 (6): 987-995.
Kerkhoffs GM, Handoll HH, de Bie R, Rowe BH, Struijs PA. Surgical versus conservative treatment for acute injuries of the lateral ligament complex of the ankle in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007; (2): CD000380.
Southerst D, Yu H, Randhawa K, Cote P, D'Angelo K, Shearer HM et al. The effectiveness of manual therapy for the management of musculoskeletal disorders of the upper and lower extremities: a systematic review by the Ontario Protocol for Traffic Injury Management (OPTIMa) Collaboration. Chiropr Man Therap 2015; 23:30.
Struijs PA, Kerkhoffs GM. Ankle sprain. BMJ Clin Evid 2010.
Struijs PA, Kerkhoffs GM. Ankle sprain: the effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. BMJ Clin Evid 2015: pii: 1115.
van den Bekerom MP, van der Windt DA, Ter Riet G, van der Heijden GJ, Bouter LM. Therapeutic ultrasound for acute ankle sprains. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; (6): CD001250.
Woitzik E, Jacobs C, Wong JJ, Cote P, Shearer HM, Randhawa K et al. The effectiveness of exercise on recovery and clinical outcomes of soft tissue injuries of the leg, ankle, and foot: A systematic review by the Ontario Protocol for Traffic Injury Management (OPTIMa) Collaboration. Man Ther 2015; 20 (5): 633-645.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the discussion with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside of IQWiG. In our methods, we describe in detail how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- In England what is the average income
- Who gives internet service in Perundurai
- Blackberry still exists
- Ventilation of the lawn helps with drainage
- Push-ups can make your hands stronger
- What do Filipinos think of Guam
- Where can I find Ethereum blockchain developers
- Have you ever seen real psychological phenomena
- Why does gravity depend on the mass?
- Which was Om Puri's last movie
- Who are the best Bauhaus designers
- Can you become addicted to learning
- What are Realistic Metal Arts
- Are Ouija boards fake or real?
- What are raw data and processed data
- Why does Dominos lose the Pizza Wars
- Does gravity work at the quantum level
- Is there a scope in the EC
- How does culture affect advertising
- Why is goddess Kali called Yogayukta
- How to say flag in Indonesian
- How do we break down plastic
- Why is grit more important than IQ
- Instant messaging is considered social media