How do I replace my coffee filter
Alternatives to coffee filters
1st solution: paper tissues
You can easily replace a coffee filter with a conventional paper tissue. It is best to use extra tear-resistant handkerchiefs for this. If you only have thin handkerchiefs at home, just use two. You can cut the handkerchief to size or simply unfold it and press it into the filter holder as it is and fold it up. Add ground coffee, turn on the coffee machine - your alternative coffee filter is ready.
Alternatively, you can also use kitchen paper.
2nd solution: fabric
For the first coffee filters, fabric made of cotton or linen was used and of course that still works today: Cut a piece of fabric into a sufficiently large piece. Make sure that the fabric is clean but does not have a strong smell of detergent or fabric softener, otherwise the coffee will absorb the smell. If you are using very thin material, such as a wafer-thin handkerchief, you should double it. Otherwise the water will flow too quickly through the coffee powder and not have enough time to absorb enough aroma.
Reusable coffee filters
Coffee machines are often equipped with a reusable coffee filter from the factory. These are plastic cylinders with a net-like cladding that can be placed in the filter holder like a paper coffee filter and filled with coffee powder. In contrast to the conventional coffee filter, however, this is not thrown away afterwards but only rinsed out. You should clean it thoroughly once a week.
You will also find reusable fabric coffee filters in specialist shops. While this won't help you in an emergency, if you're looking for a permanent solution without a disposable coffee filter this could be an option. Or you can buy a coffee machine that works without a coffee filter:
Permanently without a coffee filter: alternative coffee machines
If you still want to brew more environmentally friendly coffee, you could say goodbye to your filter coffee machine and buy an electricity-free alternative. The French press, the coffee machine to press or the espresso pot, a metal pot that makes espresso on your home stove, are particularly popular.
- Tank Girl is worth watching
- Where is the linear output transformer used
- How does a guitar loop pedal work
- What is the oldest winery in France
- Is Aristotle's Politics worth reading?
- Why are the CONCOR shares falling drastically?
- What is the commercial finance company
- Catholic mystics were enlightened
- Help me create a desktop
- How huge potholes form overnight
- How do you feel about nihilism
- Is fear religions the most powerful power
- What is the breakaway torque
- Apeejay Kharghar is a good school
- Is Grand Cayman expensive
- How can I enlarge my wrist?
- Are internships really important
- Scanova io has an API
- What does GED
- What is world emoji day
- Are the people helpful
- Is the Global Citizen Festival a scam
- Causes hair fluff damage
- How does the missed call messaging service work