What is the capital of Jammu
India's majestic north: Jammu - Kashmir
Trip No. 6053
Delhi - Amritsar - Dharamsala - Jammu - Srinagar - Gulmarg - Srinagar - Pahalgam - Srinagar - Delhi
Traditionally, Kashmir has been a bridge between the Middle and Far East and South Asia. Historical trade routes crossed here and ensured that Kashmir was mentioned early on and gained prominence. Long before Tibet or Ladakh were accessible to visitors, there was already mountaineering and tourism in Kashmir, the beauty of the landscape is proverbial here. Our expedition-like journey takes us from Delhi overland to Amritsar, the holy city of the Sikhs, and to Dharamsala, the place in exile of the Dalai Lama since his escape from Tibet. Thus we also experience the important sites of Sikhism and Buddhism. Our trip offers a wide range of different sights. In addition to mosques and temples, we are delighted by the wonderfully beautiful high alpine landscapes and the idyllic Kashmir Valley in Srinagar, here also one-time overnight stays on a houseboat.
14 day tourDay 1: Outward flight
Departure from Frankfurt, scheduled flight with LUFTHANSA to Delhi.
Day 2: Delhi - Amritsar
Arrive shortly after midnight and transfer to our hotel in Delhi. In the morning transfer to the train station and ride with the Shatabdi-Express to Amritsar (7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.), the holy city of the Sikhs, which we will get to know on a city tour. In the evening we visit the Golden Temple a second time and take part in the prayer ceremony every evening.
Day 3: Amritsar - Dharamsala
We leave the Punjab and set off for Dharamsala (210km, approx. 6 hours), in the state of Himachal Pradesh. After our arrival we visit the Dalai Lama's residence (from the outside) in the Mc Leod Ganj district, also known as Little Lhasa.
Day 4: Dharamsala
We have a whole day in Dharamsala, the exile of the Dalai Lama after his escape from Tibet. We will visit Norbulingka Institute, Tibetan Monastery and Library, Chamunda Devi Temple and Tibetan Center. The rest of the day is free for us to stroll through the bazaar.
Day 5: Dharamsala - Jammu
We leave Dharamsala and set off for Jammu (204km, approx. 6 hours). Upon arrival, we will visit Ragunath Temple, a complex of seven Hindu shrines, one of the largest in Northern India. In Fort Bahi we visit the Ranbir Temple and the Mahamaya Temple, dedicated to the goddess Kali. From the fort we have a wonderful view over Jammu.
Day 6: Jammu
Today we explore Jammu and visit the Amar Palace Museum and Peer Kho Shiva Temple. Later we visit the Mubarak Mandi Palace, imposing in the old town center of Jammu, with a wonderful view of the Tawi River. Afterwards a stroll through the old colorful markets and bazaars.
Day 7: Jammu - Srinagar - Gulmarg
After an early breakfast transfer to the airport and a short flight to Srinagar (approx. 30 minutes) we drive up into the foothills of the Pir Panjal Mountains to Gulmarg (52km, approx. 1.5 hours), the most popular excursion destination in Kashmir , located at an altitude of 2,730 m. We have the opportunity to take walks in this paradisiacal mountain landscape with - in good weather - wonderful views of the Kashmir Valley, or to take a cable car ride to Khilanmarg.
Day 8: Gulmarg - Srinagar
Drive to Srinagar. After our arrival transfer to Dal Lake. With the typical Kashmiri boats, the so-called Shikaras, we are brought to our houseboat on the lake.
Day 9: Srinagar
In the morning we visit the Mughal Gardens on the east bank of Dal Lake: Nishat Garden (the Garden of Joy), Shalimar (the Garden of Love) and Chasma Shai (the Imperial Spring). In the afternoon visit to the Shankracharya temple and a carpet weaving mill. We end the day with a boat trip on the Shikaras on Dal Lake.
Day 10: Srinagar
After our breakfast a tour of the old town with a visit to the Hazratbal Shrine. Later we drive along the shores of Lake Nigeen to the Hari Parbat Fort. The afternoon is free for us to go for walks on Lake Dal or for shopping.
Day 11: Srinagar
Today we visit the Chraar-e-Sharreef Shrine, a sacred place for Muslims and Hindus at the same time. Back in Srinagar we learn the secret of how to prepare a “Kashmiri Kahwa”, the typical Kashmiri tea, perfectly.
Day 12: Srinagar - Pahalgam
Today drive to Pahalgam (90km, approx. 3 hours), Pahalgam is also called the "Valley of the Shepherds". On our way there we visit the ruins of Avantipura, the ancient capital of Kashmir with the Vishnu Temple and the Sun Temple of Martand. After our arrival, free time to explore the beautiful landscape.
Day 13: Pahalgam - Srinagar - Delhi
After our breakfast drive to the airport of Srinagar and flight back to Delhi. In our hotel we have rooms available until the evening. After our farewell dinner, transfer to Delhi International Airport.
Day 14: return journey
Return flight very early in the morning with LUFTHANSA. Arrival in Frankfurt in the morning.
- 14-day expedition tour to the northernmost states of India
- an overland trip via Amritsar in Punjab and Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh
- the highlights of various religions with the Golden Temple, the sanctuary of the Sikhs
- Buddhism up close in Dharamsala, the exile of the Dalai Lama
- in Kashmir four nights on a houseboat
- Return to Delhi via Srinagar
- pleasantly small group size with a maximum of eight participants
- an expedition for India connoisseurs and Himalayan lovers who want to embark on an extraordinary experience in the state of India, which is not very well developed for tourism
- Early booking discount (2%, see page 10)
|Delhi||JAYPEE SIDDARTH ****||1|
|Amritsar||THE RITZ ***||1|
|Dharamsala||SURYA RESORT ***||2|
|Jammu||ZONE BY THE PARK ***||2|
|Pahalgam||HOTEL CHINAR RESORT ****||1|
|Gulmarg||THE VINTAGE ***||1|
Included in the tour price
- Scheduled flights with LUFTHANSA from / to Frankfurt including taxes and fees
- internal Indian flights including the airport taxes incurred
- domestic German rail journey Rail & amp; Fly (2nd class)
- Overnight stays in hotels according to standard (national category) or equivalent according to the tour schedule (houseboat in Srinagar)
- Meals see tour itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Transfers, sightseeing, sightseeing and adventure programs including entrance fees
- a travel guide of your choice
- continuous, German spr. Tour guide from / to Delhi
Not included in the tour price
Visa: Visa: Required for India. We recommend using a visa service or applying for a visa online (currently 80 USD).
- connecting flights within Germany: 90, - €
- Minimum number of participants: 4
- Maximum number of participants: 8
- How do I reset a security plugin
- Castles can be 3D printed
- How are the local police stations organized?
- Will Donald Trump kill us
- How can renewable energy be used
- Is social change necessary 1
- Why should I buy an email list
- How Weight Lifting Burns Fat
- Is 40 too old to learn breakdancing
- What is the ratio of total wealth to debt
- Are words stronger than forms
- What font is the word Teamsters in?
- How reliable is Redbubble
- What is the future of HDInsight
- Why do people relate to poverty
- What is the term of the policy
- Flightless birds have feathers
- What makes a good dessert
- What do you think of Tomi Lahren
- What are the main selling points of Google Classrooms
- What are some notable startups
- What is the Judeo-Christian tradition
- What are the best brands of whey
- The taxi forsure service is available in Jamshedpur