Which pigment is missing in the chloroplast
Individual chloroplasts are about 5-6 µm (micrometers) long. Like the mitochondria and the cell nucleus, chloroplasts are also enclosed by two semi-permeable cell membranes, which enables the release and absorption of substances (e.g. water). This double membrane can be explained by the so-called endosymbiont hypothesis, which represents the current state of research on the origin of eukaryotes. According to this, chloroplasts were created by the immigration of cyanobacteria into the precursors of plant cells. Means that chloroplasts were once autonomous, photosynthesis-inducing bacteria and that they were taken up by the progenitor cells of plants during phylogenesis, e.g. through phagocytosis.
The intermembrane space is located between the two membranes. The inner membrane of the chloroplasts is turned inside out and forms the thylakoids. The thylakoids form stacks called grana; this is where the light reaction that is decisive for photosynthesis takes place. Inside the chloroplast is the stroma, the cytosol of the chloroplast. The stroma also contains the DNA and ribosomes of the chloroplasts. Just like the mitochondria, the chloroplasts also have their own (circular) DNA. Chloroplasts replicate independently of the cell cycle of the rest of the cell and thus represent an autonomous organelle. All these facts are further arguments for the endosymbiotic theory.
- What body shape am I
- Are public gardens important in China?
- How do big companies use psychometric tests?
- Has someone died from the pneumonia vaccine?
- How many google fonts are there
- How photography helped change the world 2
- It is rude to stop anger
- How do I publish a scientific book
- Why is the goddess Kali Yamuna called
- How can I get coarse hair
- Why do people take selfies
- What security aspects should everyone know?
- Madness is the height of the mind
- What is SerDe in Hive
- What are the dangers of burning styrofoam
- Microscope adapter for digital camera
- Is homeopathy really banned in Australia
- How does digital technology affect work
- Why do Siamese cat eyes turn red
- What will Amazon do next with Alexa
- What is the DEAs Special Operations Division
- Which causes the meat to go slimy for lunch
- Is miso soup vegetarian if not why
- Is VIT Vellore better than IITs 2