What is Kreuzberg's culture about?
Our favorite places in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg
Culinary enjoyment on the market day, a relaxed stroll through the Volkspark or a visit to a peninsula: there is a lot to discover in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg.
What you need to know about Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg
For the Kreuzberger, one thing is certain: his district is the coolest in Berlin and probably in the universe. Kreuzberg stands for colorful culture, is an experimental field for alternative life models and a place of longing for young people in the province. In 2001, Kreuzberg was merged with Friedrichshain. As far as club culture is concerned, Friedrichshain is now in the lead: In southern Friedrichshain you will probably find the highest club density in Berlin. Currently, however, the clubs have to remain closed due to the corona pandemic.
All 12 districts at a glance
On the north and south banks of the Spree, Berlin applauds the street musicians on the Oberbaum Bridge, who will be rocking the big halls tomorrow. The district is a stage and home for creative people. This doesn't just apply to music.
Artists create their free spaces here, on the streets, in the backyards and studios. Berlin's start-up scene bustles around Moritzplatz and develops the ideas for tomorrow. The creative space is used jointly - for example for urban gardening in the Prinzessinnengärten. Or when great street food shops come together in Markthalle Neun.
Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg can also come across as very established. Some of the city's most sophisticated museums are here, including the Berlinische Galerie, the Gropius building, the Jewish Museumand the German Museum of Technology.
Going Local - The Kiez app for Berlin
12 districts, 700 tips, 1 app
- More than 700 personal Berlin tips
- Recommendations and tours in the neighborhoods
- Can be used free of charge and offline
Download the free app
Volkspark in the north, Viktoriapark in the south
And in between: the waterfall rushes in Viktoriapark, wine grows on the slope. in the Volkspark Friedrichshain joggers do their laps. On the lawn in the Park at the Gleisdreieck there is plenty of space for you, your picnic blanket and all other sun worshipers. Meanwhile, canoes, rubber boats and SUPs pass by on the Spree and Landwehr Canal. Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg is not only adrenaline, but also likes to relax.
Our tips for Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg
Once incandescent lamp production, today creative industry: the former industrial buildings in the district have been given exciting new faces. And the annual events in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg are known far beyond Berlin's city limits.
- What are the most common Bhutanese surnames
- Can you name a few good emo singers
- What is interlock in the control system
- How were stadiums built in ancient civilizations
- Is a BBA CA a good course
- How strategically important is the Shandong Peninsula
- What should I learn for WordPress
- How is Dan Bilzerian personally
- What is the biography of MS Dhoni
- Are there any scientific papers on WikiLeaks
- What does femme fatale
- Are there good job opportunities in Surrey
- Is it illegal to frame someone?
- How do I grow potatoes
- Why did Future Trunks kill Frieza
- What drives the fins on the BattleBots
- What is the ranking in KGEC
- Is my child a genius
- Why do people believe in capitalism
- What are some alternatives to a good magazine
- How do you teach children to focus?
- How is corn flour made
- What's up on Reddit
- LED lights really help with concentration
- Do you need snowshoes for winter hiking
- What do Americans think of Ukrainians?
- Why am I falling apart mentally physically
- How do I enhance spiritual practices
- Is it uncomfortable to wear condoms?
- How did you contribute to ecological sustainability
- How do you say circle in Thai?
- White-collar crime is harder to prosecute
- Can UV C penetrate plastic
- How do you measure social capital