What is a symptom
The noun symptom is widely used in the medical field. Here one understands by one symptom a characteristic phenomenon for a particular disease. In general, the educational language expression stands for a sign or characteristic of a - often negative - development.
"Clue", "characteristic", "indication" or "identifying mark" are synonyms for symptom represent.
symptom is to the Greek sýmptōma due, which means something like "temporary peculiarity" or "coincidental circumstance".
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[zʏmpˈtoːm]
Pale skin, fatigue, headaches, and dizziness are classic Symptoms an iron deficiency.
The collapse of inflated house prices is often the first symptom an incipient economic crisis.
The patient described his Symptoms. These specific characteristics enabled the doctor to quickly arrive at a diagnosis.
And what about the straight men? Apart from the few months of your fatherhood, you received the hair transplant, which, thanks to soccer coach Jürgen Klopp, is well on the way to becoming the male counterpart to female breast augmentation. That is the halfway amusing side of the male crisis. Far more disturbing Symptoms are mostly dismissed - or withheld.
- Elisabeth Raether, Tanja Stelzer, Not am Mann: The weakened sex, Die Zeit, January 12, 2014.
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
Indicator - An indicator (which) is an "indicator" in different contexts ....
Syndrome - A syndrome is a clinical picture that consists of a complex of several ...
Index patient - The noun index patient describes the person who comes first ...
Phenomenon - A phenomenon is generally an appearance ...
Klamauk - Klamauk is noise and noise that is associated with a lot ...
- How can I hack my forgotten password?
- How to learn tricks
- Who is the chairman of HSBC India
- What are Tejano music
- How can I make my summer profitable
- An implanted chip can improve your memory
- How is Einstein's energy equation true
- Should pedophilia be a crime
- The Federal Reserve is hackable
- Where is the Pangong lake
- Is Amitabh Buchanan alive
- Motor vehicle costs are an issue
- Where can I find the best Tableau tutorials
- What makes a person love someone
- What really bothers musicians in a song
- Surgery helps with degenerative disc disease
- How does women's underwear smell?
- Lies athletes about their height
- Which is the Best Math Puzzle Book
- Have Vedic knowledge of space planets
- Are niacin and nicotinamide riboside the same
- Have you ever made a girl cry?
- Is high fructose corn syrup a superfood
- Why is Quora so useless