Why is my paratha oily
My top 10 favorite Indian dishes
A question that I get asked frequently and that I always answer the same way: What kind of cuisine would you eat for life if you had to make a decision? My answer: the Indian one. Even during my long stay in India, there was never a time when I got tired.
Here are my top 10, a mix of classics and street food.
1. Masala Dosa with coconut chutney
The dish comes from the south of India. Dosa is a very thin pancake made from rice flour. With Masala Dosa there is also deliciously seasoned potatoes on top.
2. Pani Puri
A typical Indian street food dish: round, hollow deep-fried dough shells are filled with a spicy mashed potato and a watery sauce.
3. Butter Chicken
This rather mild curry with chicken is a real export hit. There is hardly an Indian restaurant in this country that it does not offer. The story of how it came about is very interesting: Kundan Lal Gujral owned a restaurant in Peshawar, Pakistan. He wanted to use the leftover tandoori chicken. He invented the sauce combination of tomatoes, butter and cream, seasoned with cumin and chilli to make the dry chicken pieces tasty again.
4. Filled Paratha
A flatbread baked on both sides, usually quite greasy, which is available with various fillings (I love mint parathas) and is served for breakfast in northern India. There is also an extremely hot sauce.
5. Masala Chai
A drink made from black tea, milk, sugar (usually a lot of it) and a mixture of spices (including cinnamon, cloves, cardamom), known throughout South Asia.
6. Vada Pav
A vegetarian street food from Maharashtra - burger to go, so to speak. Fried mashed potato dumplings served in a roll.
A frozen creamy dessert that is usually made with pistachios, rose water, cardamom and saffron.
8. Panir Tikka Masala
Panir an Indian cream cheese, I think it resembles a mozzarella made from cow's milk, is prepared in a spicy tomato sauce. Rice is served with it. The dish is rarely found in India, but is probably an Indian-English invention from Great Britain. But never mind, because it tastes delicious!
9. Aloo Gobi
Probably the most delicious way to prepare potatoes and cauliflower. With turmeric, the dish has an intense yellow color. I find the variants that are seasoned with curry leaves particularly tasty.
The Indian lentil curry soup. A classic. It feels like it is served with every meal. It is one of my favorite dishes because I only got access to lentils through this soup in India;)
Will you tell me your favorite Indian dishes?
- What causes black sheep in families
- Why do woodpeckers like cedar wood
- Which causes the meat to go slimy for lunch
- What is half of 89
- Why has the Catholic liturgy changed?
- What does the Armani company do
- How is the structure of biogas
- Which is the best book on stoichiometry
- Compassion without action is enough
- Why do people long for human interaction
- Bluetooth is similar to FM signal
- Which do you prefer salsa or guacamole
- Is the Hootsuite Certificate worth the investment?
- Where can I donate clothes in London?
- Bite garden snakes
- How does Sensodyne toothpaste relieve toothache
- What is Amazon's Product Image Requirement
- How do INTPs complete projects successfully
- How is ethical knowledge shared
- Which language is required in Metasploit
- Can I be hired at 60?
- I have a natural talent for writing
- Which politicians got wealthy while serving the taxpayers?
- What does adjusted mean at MailChimp