Is dragon fruit good for weight loss
As Pitaya, also Pitahaya or Pitaya called, denotes the fruit of certain originating from Central America Hylocereus- and Selenicereus-Species from the cactus family. The main producing countries are Nicaragua, the People's Republic of China, Vietnam and Israel.
The fruits of the following types of cactus are used:
In addition, a fruit is traded that is similar in shape to the yellow pithaya, but has a red skin and pink pulp.
The pulp of dragon fruit contains many small, black seeds. Their aroma is lost when heated.
The outer color is red or yellow. Yellow pitahayas come at a higher price because this fruit is not grown very often. The red pitahayas have either white or red flesh. However, red-fleshed pitahayas are more difficult to grow and therefore less available, but the taste of the red-fleshed fruit is more intense than that of the white-fleshed ones.
In their homeland, the fruit is mainly used to decorate buffets. For preparation, dragon fruits (analogous to kiwi) can be cut open and spooned out; With ripe fruits, the peel can be peeled off (analogous to an orange)
Dragon fruits are sensitive to pressure and therefore rather difficult to transport. Deliveries reach Germany from Central America from July to December and from Vietnam from January to June. Fruits are imported from Thailand by air freight all year round.
Their taste is roughly similar to that of kiwi, but not as intense. There are no fibers inside.
Dragon fruits consist of around 90% water and contain a lot of iron, calcium and phosphorus. The nutritional value is 210 kJ / 100 g (50 kcal / 100 g). They contain vitamins B, C and E.
- Rolf Blancke - Color Atlas Exotic Fruits (Fruits and vegetables of the tropics and subtropics), Stuttgart 2000 (ISBN 3-8001-3520-5)
Web linksTemplate: Commonscat / WikiData / Difference
- Time is God in every religion
- What should I pack for IIIT Gwalior
- How popular are bass guitarists
- How is Samsung Galaxy A10s
- Why do people go duck hunting?
- Will you ever forgive your father
- When is brand advertising no longer necessary?
- Is Apollo 18 worth seeing
- Why are Russian fighters called flankers?
- How did he do it 2
- Which is the strongest bike cc
- How harmful is chlorinated water to dogs
- When did people stop believing in mythology?
- What is the national bird of Sakastan
- How do microbes produce cyclodextrins
- What's the worst Trump company
- When will digitized smart clothing be available?
- Is the phenomenon of voice brood regressive
- Why is the human brain two complicated
- Is it hard to learn Korean hangul
- What makes money out of nothing
- When is it really considered alcoholism?
- Is considered dishonest as a lie
- What is the structure of sulfur trioxide