Are there any online therapy startups
Online therapy succeeds in entering the statutory health insurance market
E-health startups can certainly succeed in gaining a foothold in the statutory health insurance market. When several offers from startups were presented at the BMC Congress, it became clear that the easiest way to go is through reimbursement as a statutory health insurance benefit. An example of this is the psychologically supported online therapy from the Berlin company Selfapy.
The startup was built with the aim of closing gaps in supply by bridging waiting times for a therapy place through online therapy, reported Farina Schurzfeld, founder of Selfapy at the BMC Congress.
"We do not want to replace psychotherapy, we want the waiting time for the patient not to be lost, that the inhibition threshold that still exists about consulting a psychotherapist is broken down, and we want to enable better aftercare through our offer," said Schurzfeld . The special thing about this offer: In addition to the online offer, patients at Selfapy speak to a psychologist once a week.
30 psychologists are now in the Selfapy team. The result is high stamina rates for online therapy of over 90 percent and a reduction in symptoms by 35 percent, which is comparable to classic psychotherapy.
The offer initially met with little response from the health insurance companies. But it was clear: "Without the support of the health insurers, we cannot reach the patients," explained Schurzfeld. With the help of Health Minister Jens Spahn, the Federal Insurance Office, which was initially blocking, was ultimately convinced.
In the meantime, 14 million people with statutory health insurance could be reimbursed for the costs of the service. The company also wants to address general practitioners in order to reach more patients. After all, 80 percent of psychological diagnoses are made in general practitioners' practices, said the startup founder. (ger)
- What is your opinion on Oberlo
- How do I make a crispy shakarpara
- How is PEC University in Chandigarh
- How do I make an instrumental
- How healthy is kombucha
- What is the information of the generic
- Deandre Jordan leaves the clipper
- Is mental health being taken seriously in America?
- How are neutron stars discovered
- How do you contribute to school programs
- Why is Montreal such a great cosmopolitan city
- What is the scope in chemical technology
- What is surface plasmon resonance
- How do you negotiate shorter rental terms
- What makes us different from animals
- Is it illegal to frame someone?
- What anime taught you how to love
- Was Pablo Escobar really a CIA agent?
- Why do we mock people
- What is your favorite Google+ feature
- Which tools help with the migration between database systems
- Is God helpful
- Was the First World War inevitable 1
- What does Google know about its users
- Why did Fact Checker PolitiFact lie
- What makes product managers angry
- Hairdressing is a stressful career
- Men think women are comfortable
- Accepted PUMBA MAT in May 2019
- How can dead skin cells float around
- How do I get closer to Jesus
- Is Katy Perry stupid
- Why are the charging pins uneven