How do I share my Chromebook screen
16 Chromebook Tips For New Users: Get the Most Out of ChromeOS
Do you have a Chromebook? Are you wondering how you can get more of its potential? Check out these 16 Chromebook tips designed for ChromeOS newbies.
Chromebooks are flying off the shelves of retailers at unprecedented rates. And the reason? The price mostly - Chromebooks are much cheaper than Macs and Windows 10 computers.
But there is more to it than that, I think. Chromebooks are also very easy to use, require fewer specs to function optimally, and are not plagued by constant software updates like Windows.
Add to that, you get access to one of the best cloud-based productivity suites in the world. Google Driveand it's easy to see why more and more people are switching to Chromebooks.
If you're new to Chromebooks, you probably have questions. You're probably wondering what it can do? Or how do you do certain things in ChromeOS? Well this post is for you. It covers the 16 most frequently asked questions about how to do it in ChromeOS.
16 EPIC Chromebook Tips For New Users ...
1) How to take a screenshot on your Chromebook
Since Chromebooks come in a variety of styles, and you have touchscreen models, and standard laptop-style models, there are several ways you can take screenshots in ChromeOS.
Here are the main ones:
- Typical screenshot - Press Ctrl + Show Windows key.
- Partial screenshot - Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows and then drag your mouse or cursor over the area you want to scan.
- On tablets - Press and hold the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons
And that's it - pretty easy, right? You are now 100% secure for taking screenshots on a Chromebook and a ChromeOS-based tablet device.
2) Copy and paste text
The ability to quickly copy and paste text on a laptop is essential. You will likely use this keyboard shortcut more than any other. Fortunately, in ChromeOS this is very easy:
- To copy text - CTRL + C to copy the selected text.
- Insert text - CTRL + V.
- To paste text without formatting - SHIFT + CTRL + V.
3) Right click in ChromeOS
If you're from a Mac or Windows then you should right click things - this is exactly how we were programmed to use computers. In ChromeOS, you can right-click something. And it's broadly pretty similar to right-clicking on Mac and Windows computers.
This is how it's done in ChromeOS - so can you PRESS AND / OR Tap the touchpad with two fingers, or press ALT and click with one finger.
4) How to Quickly Reboot Your Chromebook
Chromebooks don't have a dedicated button or option to restart the system. Annoying, isn't it? Thanks to a little keyboard magic, you can always quickly restart your Chromebook whenever problems arise.
To restart your Chromebook, Just hold the REFRESH button and then tap the power button. The REFRESH button is near buttons 3 and 4 in case you're wondering where it is.
This quick access combo will restart your Chromebook instantly and hopefully iron out any problems you might have. It's also worth noting that simply turning your Chromebook off and on again can work too. So, you might want to try this first before proceeding with a full restart.
5) How to view a recording on a Chromebook
Recording the screen image on a Chromebook is very easy. You will need additional software, however, as this feature is not supported in ChromeOS.
Personally, I've been using VidYard and have been using it for years. You can download it from the Chrome Extensions Store. Once you've downloaded it, you'll see a little green icon in your browser bar. Click on it to record and select the part of the screen you want to record.
You can record specific windows or full screen mode, it's your call. Once the video is done, you will be given a link to share wherever you want. Easy right?
6) How to do split screen on Chromebook
The ability to work with apps set in the split screen configuration is great. You can work faster and get more done. Windows 10 has a great split-screen mode. But also ChromeOS on your Chromebook.
To enable split screen windows in ChromeOS:
In the first window Click the minimizer button (the middle one in Settings in the top right of your browser window). This makes the window smaller. Now drag it to the left corner of your screen.
Open a new tab, do the same steps from above and drag it to the right side of your screen. And boom, you work with split-screen windows in ChromeOS.
7) How to Factory Reset Your Chromebook
If there is REALLY something wrong with your Chromebook, the easiest way to fix it is to do a full factory reset. Of course, you need to make sure that everything is backed up in your Google account first.
Once you've done that, you can proceed with a factory reset on your Chromebook. How to do it:
- Sign out of your account
- Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r
- Choose RESTART
- A field will now appear, select the POWERWASH option and click on NEXT
- You will now be asked to sign in again, do so and follow the steps
- Your Chromebook will now be reset to factory settings
8) How to delete apps
If you have apps on your Chromebook that you no longer need, you should remove them. They take up valuable space and unnecessarily burden the system. It is always advisable to operate a tight ship. So if you're not using an app or extension, delete it by following the steps below:
- Select LAUNCHER (located in the corner of your screen), then press the UP ARROW key
- Right click on the app or extension you want to remove> select the UNINSTALL or REMOVE FROM CHROME option and then click REMOVE
9) how to change wallpapers on a Chromebook
Changing the wallpaper on your Chromebook is very easy. All you have to do is find your DOWNLOADS folder or the picture you want to use, right click on it and then select SET AS WALLPAPER.
To access your Downloads or Files folder, tap the launcher in the lower left corner, click the UP ARROW key to open it fully, select “FILES”, then select “DOWNLOAD” .
10) How to Connect Your Chromebook to a TV
All Chromebooks have HDMI ports so you can quickly plug them into your TV. Just take a replacement HDMI cable and connect it to your Chromebook. Then plug the other end into the HDMI port on your TV. Make a note of which port you are also using, as this will make it easier to find.
Turn on your TV and select the HDMI port that your Chromebook is connected to. Your Chromebook's screen should now appear on your TV.
You can also Chrome In order to cast the screen of your Chromebook to your TV, a Chromecast is of course connected to your TV for this method. When you do, simply click the CAST icon on any window on your Chromebook to cast the screen to your HDTV.
11) How to Connect AirPods to Chromebook
Chromebooks come with Bluetooth so you can plug all kinds of wireless headphones into your computer, including Apple's AirPods.
For example, here's how to connect AirPods Just open Bluetooth settings (in the menu area at the bottom right of the battery percentage), make sure Bluetooth is turned on, wait for the AirPods to appear, then select PAIR.
Make sure your AirPods are in their case. If they don't connect the first time, press the SETUP button on the AirPods case. This should fix any connection problems.
12) How to Install Zoom on Chromebook
If you want to install Zoom on your Chromebook, just do the following:
- Go to the Google Chrome Store
- Find Zoom and click Install
- Zoom will download and install on your Chromebook
- Sign in with your credentials to use them
13) How to switch to Developer Mode in ChromeOS
In the past, all Chromebooks came with a physical key to enable developer mode. Modern Chromebooks unfortunately don't have that option anymore, mostly because if you don't know what you're doing, it's pretty easy to break things.
However, you can still put your Chromebook in Developer Mode. All you need to know is a few keyboard shortcuts. And this is how you do it:
- Turn off your Chromebook
- Hold down ESC + F3 while you press the POWER key. Release the POWER button after a second
- The ChromeOS recovery screen will now load. Press Ctrl + D to switch to developer mode. This can take a few minutes so be patient.
14) How to Access Hidden Features in Chrome
ChromeOS is basically Google's Chrome browser. That's why it's so fast. But did you know that you can access secret, hidden Chrome features that are not available to the public? Things like reading mode and grouped tabs?
All you have to do is go into Chrome's settings and enable flags - we have a complete guide on how to do this How to enable flags in ChromeCheck out this for more details. It's very useful though, so be sure to check it out.
15) How to Play Roblox on a Chromebook
Roblox is available on all major platforms, including Chromebooks. To play Roblox on your Chromebook, just launch Google Play, search for Roblox, download and install it. Roblox is now ready to play on your Chromebook.
16) Can you install Windows on a Chromebook?
You can install Windows on a Chromebook, but I wouldn't describe it as a simple process. In addition, ChromeOS should be light and easy to use - exactly the opposite of Windows. For this reason, I wouldn't advise anyone to run Windows on ChromeOS.
If you have to, here's a handy video on how to install Windows on a Chromebook. Please note that it is NOT easy and requires a lot of time and expertise. Basically, it's probably not worth it in the grand scheme of things. But if you have to, so be it.
Richard Goodwin has been a technology journalist for over 10 years. He is the editor and owner of KnowYourMobile. He also has a personal blog - Optimal sauce - and you can subscribe to his weekly tech newsletter HERE and blogging-related stuff HERE
- How can I measure my capacity for inspiration
- What percentage is given by PPF
- How similar is Trumpcare Obamacare
- Why does man depend on biological diversity
- Will someone explain Quora to me?
- What's the hardest part about getting close to women
- Why is reflection so slow in Java
- Why I feel bad all the time
- Is the cricket ball unbreakable?
- How are speed mass and acceleration connected?
- Is Sanskrit a designed language
- Should I be afraid of google
- What do we mean by expert system
- What is an upright person
- Can denature enzymes from the cold
- How do I save images in Azure
- What is a narcissistic narrative
- What does GED
- Targaryens can only ride dragons
- How is corn flour made
- Humpback whales have predators
- What is the best platform for Fortnite
- When should I apply for PA school?
- What is a daksh robot