How does the pressure sensitive iPhone work
The 3D Touch complements the conventional touchscreen of the iPhone with an important function. A built-in sensor detects how high the pressure is on the smartphone display. This allows various additional functions to be selected depending on the app. These can be adapted as the user wants and are intended to simplify the use of individual apps.
How does 3D Touch work?
Since the iPhone 6s, there has been an additional layer on the display of the iPhone. This recognizes the pressure of the user. The technology was first installed in the Apple Watch. This was integrated into the iPhone as a 3D touch and significantly expanded. Among other things, it is now possible to apply pressure to individual fields on the display. With the Apple Watch, this is only possible in a limited environment and offers only a few functions. The sensor in the iPhone detects the strength of the pressure and differentiates between whether the respective app should be opened or whether information should only be displayed. The use is diverse and can be supplemented with software. This function can also be found in some games. The additional sensor is called the Taptic Engine. Its sensitivity can be adjusted in the settings. In practice, 3D Touch works like a right click for a touch screen.
What functions does 3D Touch bring with it?
The function differs from app to app. If 3D Touch is used on an email app, for example, a small window opens where the last emails received are displayed. In addition, there is usually also a submenu next to it, via which further functions can be selected. For example, you can navigate to the answer function without any further detours. As a rule, this enables various settings of the app to be opened immediately. 3D Touch therefore promotes a more efficient processing path. Many different functions can be reached much faster and messages can also be called up more quickly. The whole thing is then also called "Quick Actions". If an app has no quick action, the Taptic Engine gives brief feedback in the form of three short vibrations. The pressure sensitivity can be adjusted for all other applications.
- What is Oracle Exadata 1
- What are important computer skills
- Somebody is retailing DD WRT routers
- How to become a burlesque performer
- Which is the Best Math Puzzle Book
- Do you really need antivirus software
- Bleeding after sex OK
- What is the theoretical meaning of the economy?
- Which part of town is greater Queens or Brooklyn
- What makes Litecoin unique
- Which video game drew you mentally
- Which two planets cross the orbits
- What does publishing a website mean
- Who is this model pictured below
- What are the courses at NID Ahmedabad
- What colleges do game developers go to
- Is coconut oil bad for your skin?
- Which airlines fly to Jersey
- Why can't inheritable properties change?
- Do HR professionals really have some kind of job
- What is the qualification of an IAS officer
- Why do musicians take up their practice lessons
- How can you fix a failed engagement
- Could Dumbledore's Animagus be a phoenix?