How do I calculate 3 out of 4
Reading time: 4 min
With the help of fractions you can Proportions of sizes be calculated. The simplest example is "Calculate half of ...". To do this, you can divide by or multiply by. But why does it work?
Let's take an example task:
"Calculate half of."
We could just divide now:
But instead of the division, we can also do one Multiplication by a fraction as follows:
We learned that this conversion is allowed by dividing fractions.
We see here that can be replaced with.
In the following, let's calculate a few examples in which we create fractions with fractions.
Example: (1/8) of 1000 kg
You are asked for 1 out of 8 “parts” of the whole of the same size. Our "whole" are those.
Without the fractions, we could do the division directly:.
With the help of the fraction calculation:
Example: (3/8) of 100 m
You are asked for 3 of 8 “parts” of a whole of the same size. Our "whole" are those.
Without the fractions, we could do the division directly:. That is 1 part of 8 parts. However, you will be asked for 3 parts, thus:.
This is faster with the help of the fraction calculation:
Example: (3/20) of 1 hour
You are asked for 3 of 20 “parts” of one hour of the same size.
We solve this with the help of fractions:
Now we can convert the hours into minutes:
Solution: hours correspond to minutes.
- Need a lead megnet design
- South Africa had a refugee crisis
- How are ME placements in MSRIT
- Why do people need hostile images
- What is NAP Syndication
- Operational soldiers still have classes
- What's your workflow process with Majestic SEO
- What is the Anglicized name for Manasa
- Why does my spine hurt?
- Has ATP or ADP more energy
- What does sarcasm mean
- What are brake pads made of
- What are Tejano music
- India plans to invade Iran
- What are Realistic Metal Arts
- Why does America greet America with the palm down?
- A blog can be called a startup
- What are the symptoms of the ketosis flu
- Which functions Facebook and WhatsApp are missing
- Cheap surf fishing combos are good
- What is the best classic car
- Why is it normal to eat meat?
- How did Area 51 start
- Who are the best Bauhaus designers