Who was Eugene Alcan
2 parts in 1 volume. 8 °. X, 435 pp. 2 marked folding plans i. Appendix (1 of which has a backed edge tear). Cart. Currently (Paste paper, purple, speckled; spine slightly faded / discolored) with mont. Spine label (this one with minor edge loss, somewhat stained and rubbed). First German edition. Pages and plans browned and a little bit damp streaked in places (not very disturbing). Signs of age, storage and use. Overall a very decent copy. See reader.digitale-sammlungen de (online). ? Series title? War library, containing the history of the wars of liberation in Spain, Portugal, Russia, Teutschland [Germany], Italy and France from the year 1808 to 1815. Second (2nd) volume? - German translation of the title? Relation circonstanciée de la campagne de Russie. Ouvrage orné des plans de la bataille de la Moskwa et du combat de Malo Jaroslavetz? (Paris, Panckoucke 1814, 3e éd .; BNF; cf. also p. VI). Original edition probably first published in 1814 (FRBNF30702064). - Structure of the content: I. Vilna, II. Vitepsk [Vitebsk, Vitevsk, Vitebsk], III. Smolensk, IV. The Moskva, V. Moskva, VI. Maloi [Malo] -Jaroslawetz, VII. Dorogobusch, VIII. Krasnoe, IX. The Beresina, X. The Niemen [River: Memel, Russian Neman). -? The author of this detailed message [.] Was an eyewitness to the terrible accidents and the boundless suffering which afflicted the French army in Russia. What he saw and experienced he wrote down, and his work was received with great acclaim throughout educated Europe. Insightful Russian officers applaud him and declare it to be the most correct thing that has appeared so far about this eternally memorable campaign. [.] The translator has added a few comments which serve partly to restrict and partly to complete the author's information. (p. V-IX). - Remarkably early and timely descriptive report on the Russian campaign of 1812, detailed and meticulously described course of events in an immediate, close perspective, mentioning numerous names and dates. From a Swiss point of view, it must be mentioned that the events on the Beresina, which are truly extremely significant for the mercenary troops, are presented in detail, but without any particular reference to the Swiss crews in foreign services, as the names of the generals, leading officers and commanders are primarily mentioned . Which is quite understandable given the very comprehensive and detailed reporting of the French general staff officer involved in the events. -? While retreating from Russia, Napoleon I, surrounded by three Russian armies, reached the east bank of the Beresina, a tributary of the Dnieper, on November 21, 1812. The Great Army had melted down from 500,000 men to just 49,000 soldiers at the front and 40,000 stragglers. The 2nd Corps of General Nicolas-Charles Oudinot comprised the four Swiss regiments of the Merle Division, of which about 1,300 of 8,000 men were left. General Jean-Baptiste Eblé's pontooners built two bridges, one for the infantry, the other for the teams and the artillery. On November 27th the 2nd Corps crossed over and took up position on the west bank of the Berezina to repel the Russians who tried to prevent the crossing. On the morning of November 28, the Swiss fought on the road to Borissow and in the Stachow forest. The Russians attacked the outposts, harassing the Swiss division, while Siberian riflemen tried to throw them into the river. In the absence of ammunition, the Swiss undertook bayonet attacks and thus enabled the Legrand and Maison divisions to regain the upper hand. In the afternoon, 40,000 Russians attacked Ney's troops, who had replaced the injured Oudinot. After eight Swiss bayonet advances, the Rus, who had been pursuing in ever greater numbers, appeared. Item no .: H061307.
More information about this seller | Contact seller 2.
- Supports C C the database
- You can freeze homemade mac and cheese
- Who was Magardhwaj in Ramayana
- If 17x 12 97 what is x
- What is a dissolved substance
- How intellectual property relates to electronic commerce
- Why do people long for human interaction
- The term junk stock is copyrighted
- What do giraffes eat most of the time?
- Why did the people listen to Hitler?
- What is NextGen EHR
- How does high-frequency trading use algorithms
- Is guru man on steroids
- Can pantoprazole cause dementia
- How hot does an engine get
- What are your main responsibilities at work
- What is a digital control system
- Was George H W Bush racist
- Is psychosis an emergency
- Why is misfortune sometimes necessary?
- All brain diseases can cause aphasia
- Are all atoms the same
- How many deaths do paramedics see every year
- Why is ASCII better than Unicode
- Has Osho Hitler approved
- What if you lose your hardware wallet
- How big is the market for data monetization
- What is a shunt current
- What math is needed in fashion design
- What are some alternatives to DevaCurl
- What do giraffes eat most of the time?
- What are coherence signal and correlation signal
- Why is PHP considered an object-oriented language
- China fears the Indian military