Why is god worship stupid?
The stupidity of idol worship
Translation of the comment dated April 18, 2013 by Ron Graham
- “He goes to cut down cedars, or he takes a holm oak or an oak and pulls it up under the trees of the forest. He plants a spruce and the rain makes it grow. "(Isaiah 44:14).
If you want, imagine a group of men and women in a camp. They sit around a blazing fire and stoke the coals with some small remains of cedar, holm oak and oak. They have a good conversation and prepare dinner.
- “And all of this is used for fuel, and he takes from it and warms himself. Sometimes he heats and bakes bread ... "(Isaiah 44:15)
As the fire gets hotter, they talk about how cool the evening has gotten but how nice it is to warm up by the fire simply by using a few pieces of old and dry wood. They continue to prepare bread and meat, they may grill a few sausages and a little toast. They use the embers to prepare their supper while it is warm and dry at the same time, by the fire.
- “He burns half of it in the fire. On this half of his he roasts meat, eats the roast and is satisfied. He also warms himself up and says: Ha! I feel warm, I feel fire. "(Isaiah 44:16)
Then dinner is ready; they all participate, are warm and full.
But there is a piece of wood left that protrudes from the embers and it was not burned in the fire.
- “And the rest of it he makes a god, his idol. He bows down before him and prostrates himself, and he prays to him and says: Save me, for you are my God! "(Isaiah 44:17)
Suddenly one of the men takes the piece of wood, takes out his pocket knife and begins to shape the rest of the oak wood to look like a man. After he is finished, all the men and women of the camp gather in a semicircle around the piece of wood, bend down in front of it, and begin to worship the piece of oak that now shows the shape of an idol. Just a moment before, this piece was meant to be burned to ashes. They spoke to the idol as if it were a living being and asked that the piece of wood bless them and their tasks.
- "They have no knowledge and no insight, because their eyes are sealed so that they cannot see, and their hearts that they do not understand."Isaiah 44:18)
Isn't the above scenario the epitome of stupidity? Yet it is a path that has been taken by many individuals throughout history. People go out of their way to make a god for themselves instead of worshiping the true God of all creation. How can people be so blinded that they have the stupidity, faith and trust on a half-burned piece of wood? Many people today place their faith and trust in inanimate objects. Still others worship whatever that brings them what they see as peace and joy. Even a moment of joy can lead a person to worship what brought them that moment.
- “The creators of idols are all null and void, and their favorites are of no use. And their witnesses do not see and do not recognize, so that they may be put to shame "(Isaiah 44: 9)
It will be of no use to these stupid people while bowing their heads and worshiping idols. They are their own witnesses for their own Destruction (hell). These idol worshipers do not have the common sense to be ashamed of their own stupid actions. The God of all creation regards these people as arbitrarily incomprehensible.
- "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: I am the first and am the last, and besides me there is no God" (Isaiah 44: 6)
God makes it perfectly clear that He is first and last
- "I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1: 8).
Throughout the Bible there is only one God and His Name is Jesus and He is Almighty - First and Last, Alpha and Omega. But stupidity is rampant and in these extreme final days it seems to be blossoming at an enormous rate. There are many people who will worship all but the one true God.
- "And who is like me? He calls and proclaims it and expose it to me! - Who from time immemorial made it possible to hear what was to come? And what will happen, let them announce to us! ”(Isaiah 44: 7)
This is a challenge given by the true God of all creation. He says go ahead and let his power be known to everyone. God says "Let's see how your God foretells the future of creation".
- “Do not be frightened and do not tremble! Didn't I let you hear it long ago and announced it to you? And you are my witnesses: is there a god besides me? There is no rock, I don't know one. "(Isaiah 44: 8).
The sun god (Apollo), the moon god (Allah), or manufactured images, such as birds, reptiles, snakes, and also inanimate objects, have no ghost except a demonic ghost. God says try every spirit to see if they testify to Jesus as the Christ.
- “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God! Because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit who confesses Jesus Christ, who came in the flesh, is of God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not of God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist that you heard was coming, and now it is already in the world. ”(1 John 4: 1-3).
None of the false gods and idols mentioned above will confess Christ as Savior and Lord. Yes, the spirit of the Antichrist has long been with us. He was already in the world when John wrote these words, and he still causes much grief today.
What is the result when false gods and idols are worshiped? Those who are devoted to idol worship sometimes seem so wise. But is that really the case?
- “In pretending to be wise, they have become fools and have transformed the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of an image of perishable man and of birds and of quadruped and creeping animals. That is why God surrendered them in the desires of their hearts into uncleanness, to desecrate their bodies among one another, they who transformed the truth of God into a lie and worshiped and served the creature instead of the Creator, who is praised for ever. Amen. "(Romans 1: 22-25)
God has given us the freedom to choose wisely and follow Him, or be stupid and worship pieces of wood. We can see the results of this idol worship around us. The worldly way of indulging carnal desires creeps into the lives of Christians. Instead of worshiping the Creator, creation is worshiped, even by some who claim to be Christians.
- “And he does not take it to heart and has no knowledge or understanding that he said: I burned half of it in the fire, I also baked bread on his coals, I roast meat and eat; and the rest of it I make an abomination, I bow to a block of wood! "(Isaiah 44:19)
Those of us who know the truth should feel a pang in our hearts when we see these stupid people who don't seem to realize that what they worship is NOTHING. It is empty. On the other hand: Jesus lives! He loves us and died for us. But God is a jealous God. Take the time to read the 10 commandments (Actung: these are not 10 'suggestions' or 'possibilities') included in Exodus 20 can be found. God does not share His kingdom, glory, or throne with demons or serpents, nor does He appease fools.
Before you go wrong, it's not just about images of creatures that are gods. Everything in your life that is higher than God is an idol. Everything: television, music, work, obbys, us, so on, and so on. There is absolutely no other god except the god who created the universe - and everything in it. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac you Jacob. He is our brother and our friend. He is Jesus the Christ. He is the only way to salvation. He is my god. Who - or what - is yours?
God bless you all
This comment was started by Ron Graham before he died on March 14, 2013. It was completed by his wife, Nathele Graham.
>> more texts on this+ Jesus speaks personally (.pdf) >> + Prayer to it
- What is the math equation for happiness
- How could the project documentation be structured?
- Why do people have BDSM relationships
- Beijing is more advanced than Shanghai
- Birds can fly in heavy rain
- Has Taiwan casinos
- What is the best display tablet
- Is the Global Citizen Festival a scam
- What is a military regime
- How did you deal with mansplaining
- What are poignant music
- Mathematical knowledge can be personal
- Exacerbates the sweating dandruff
- Cervical scoliosis can affect your sleep
- A political science degree is completely useless
- How old is Karan Aujla
- How accurate is the rabbit psychopath test
- What is more important joy or greatness
- Amazon Prime membership just keeps getting worse
- How many failed novels have you written?
- What does publishing a website mean
- Which video format is best for YouTube
- Can you jump naked with no problem
- What is bond paper and contract paper