A pharmacist is a healthcare professional
Rapid tests for Corona: options at home and by professionals
How does the home test work?
The previously approved test kits for personal use include a Nasal swab intended. The smears can be taken independently from the front nose can be removed, a deep penetration into the nasopharynx is not necessary. It can be assumed that gargle or spit tests will also be permitted in the foreseeable future.
The test detects the virus protein in the secretion, provided that there is a sufficient amount of virus. If the result is positive, a appears in the field of vision after around 15 minutes second colored line, similar to a pregnancy test.
What is in the test kit?
For a lay test for a nasal swab, the test kit includes:
- Coronavirus antigen test cassette
- Sample tube
- sterile test stick
- Extraction buffer
- Instructions for use / brief instructions
It is important to follow the instructions for use exactly. You should therefore read the entire instructions for use carefully before starting the test. In addition to the test kit, organize other things you need, such as a clock / stopwatch, a mirror and waste bin. Also, wash or disinfect your hands thoroughly before starting the test and when you are finished.
The rumor is currently circulating on the Internet that the swabs in corona self-tests are coated with ethylene oxide and are therefore carcinogenic. This rumor is false. The test strips are not coated. Ethylene oxide is a gas that is used for sterilization, especially medical devices that cannot be heated. Since ethylene oxide is known to be toxic, a ventilation phase of several hours follows after sterilization, after which the products must be examined for residues.
How safe is the test?
Like all rapid antigen tests, the self-test is only one Snapshot, i.e. the very next day you could be Corona-positive. The self-tests have a certain error rate. The rapid antigen test is not as reliable as a PCR test. The rapid test / self-test requires a larger amount of virus to display a positive result.
A negative test result can provide additional security before visiting the grandparents, for example. It is important, even if the test result is negative Hygiene rules such as keeping your distance, washing your hands, ventilating and wearing a mask.
What to do if the self-test is positive
If the test is positive, a must PCR test be done for confirmation to be sure that the result is correct. Get in touch with her at short notice Family doctor or call 116 117 at.
Remain in quarantine at home until the result of the PCR test is available. Do not use local public transport to go to the doctor or to the test center.
There is currently no obligation to register for a lay test at home, so it depends on your own responsibility. Avoid infecting third parties by acting responsibly!
Dispose of used test kits properly
- Used sticks, solutions and test cassettes = residual waste
- Accompanying note and outer packaging (if made of cardboard) = Waste paper
- Plastic containers, bags and outer packaging (if made of plastic) = Yellow bin / yellow sack
- What is your rating about personal loans
- How well does Germany deal with immigrants
- Is egg liqueur better with rum or worse
- What is an epic anime
- What is Elton John's best album
- Can one be partially enlightened
- Why does my deodorant always bleed through
- Spider Man Homecoming is set in 2020
- Is it correct to say fish
- What are walk-in closets
- What is the Quickbooks Online Customer Support Number
- How do I make an interesting painting
- How are long-term capital gains calculated
- What must wineries be seen in Oregon
- What are your main responsibilities at work
- What is a perfect sentence
- What is the latest browser
- What are some tough sports questions
- What do you think of postmodernism
- What is a doctrine of natural law
- What does clonazepam do to the brain
- Is anal sex safe
- Which IILM campus is the best
- How computer graphics work
- Is the ego necessary for survival
- Why is the Shanghai Star Market important
- Is Maratha a language or a caste
- What is the basic solar panel
- What problems does RPA
- Is CFA easy after a B Com
- Why do rods have a low sharpness
- What happened before the story
- What are the characteristics of Kathmandu Nepal
- What are Romania's hidden gems