How was the PBS site successfully hacked
US Secret Service website hacked: CIA latest victim from Lulz Security
The Lulz Security hackers said they hacked the CIA's homepage. It is one of many cyber attacks by the group in the past few weeks.
Nothing works anymore: The CIA homepage on June 15th. Image: Reuters
BOSTON Reuters / dpa / taz | According to their own account, hackers attacked the website of the US secret service CIA. "Tango down - CIA.gov" tweeted the group known as Lulz Security on Wednesday evening. The page //www.cia.gov/:www.cia.gov was not available for a few minutes shortly after the notification. A CIA spokeswoman said the reports were being examined.
The hacking group attacked the US Senate website at the weekend and accessed data in the process. According to the Senate Security Service, another attack broke out on Wednesday. In this case, however, data theft could be prevented.
The attack on the CIA homepage appeared to be aimed at the public intelligence agency website. There is no secret data there, and it does not affect the functionality of the CIA. A spokeswoman for the agency said the reports were being followed up. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if a website has been hacked: Sometimes a claim alone will cause a page to be rushed to the point of collapse.
Attacks on Sony, Nintendo, PBS
Lulz Security only appeared publicly this year and has recently committed to hacking attacks on the electronics companies Sony and Nintendo and the public US television broadcaster PBS. PBS had previously broadcast a critical documentary about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
The hackers presumably have a so-called botnet with countless infected computers that are controlled remotely and paralyze attack targets with a flood of data packets. The New York Times suspected such a denial-of-service attack behind the attack on the CIA website.
In the past few days, however, the group has also attacked targets that hackers have traditionally left alone, such as the game magazine The Escapistwho have favourited online games Eve Online or League of Legends. The attacks led to a wave of criticism on the hackers' Twitter account. Their critics only called them //twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/80697805248790529: "Heulsusen".
- What do people not understand about God?
- Will cemeteries be built over at some point?
- How do I re-magnetize a brushless generator
- What is the other name of Muruga
- Is it worth packing cubes
- How did Surya Namaskar change your life
- Retinol is another name for which vitamin
- Which is the shortest battle in the world
- What does IK mean when writing SMS
- What love is the most trustworthy
- What does surgical pathology include
- Which president is the most attractive
- Is Kharkiv Kharkov written Kharkiv or Kharkov
- What is Competitive Research Funding
- Why is iodine good for our thyroid gland
- Should the child tax credit be eliminated
- Why are bulldogs so cute
- What is Inappropriate Impact on English Law
- DoFollow backlink from Microsoft
- What is an inert noble gas
- How can doctors induce a pregnant woman
- How is KIIT bad for girls
- Some know about Gwt
- How does Asana SalesforceIQ use RelateIQ
- How we can make shareholders
- Who is Menoitius in Greek Mythology
- What does really gifted mean to you
- Is it a good answer
- How is a voltage source actually created
- Can you watch Silicon Valley on Netflix
- How to say hello in Amharic
- Can i invest in commercial paper?
- What are some creative ideas in logistics