The FCC is constitutional
USA: Supreme Court on Obscenity in Live Broadcasts
According to the amendment to the directive issued by the regulatory authority Federal Communications Commission (FCC), broadcasters can also impose fines of up to US $ 325,000 on vulgar expressions made for individual or accidental live broadcasts become. Previously, this sanction only applied to repeated use of strong expressions or other obscenities in live broadcasts.
The confirmation of the RL before the Supreme Court is based on a decision of the FCC from the year 2006. This determined that the television station News Corp's Fox Television Network (Fox) had violated the RL by broadcasting two live broadcasts, where celebrities had spontaneously used expletives. Although the FCC did not impose any fines, Fox appealed the decision to an incidental review of the RL's legality. The appeals court then overturned the amendment to the RL as "arbitrary and unpredictable" and referred the decision back to the FCC. In addition, the FCC was asked to substantiate the need to amend the Directive.
The FCC turned instead to the Supreme Court, which overturned the appeal court's decision and at least partially upheld the RL. Although the Supreme Court expressly found this non-arbitrary, the judges raised concerns about the constitutionality of the RL. Doubts exist in particular as to whether the RL violates the freedom of expression. The decision on this was not for the Supreme Court, however, as this was not the subject of the proceedings. An appeals court must first decide whether the RL violates the constitutionally guaranteed freedom of expression.
- Did the Irish invent a lot of alcoholic beverages
- Why didn't Microsoft purchase PrimeSense
- How will Brexit affect my police pension?
- What does a pass in Python do
- What are energy suckers
- Why do people develop ugly yellow teeth
- What are some contemporary clothing styles
- Who is the author of Bayeux Tapestry
- What is the purpose of blank blotting paper
- What is your earliest memory of email
- Can you give me some photographic advice
- Why is a cylinder the strongest shape
- How do I meditate without feeling dizzy
- What are the most underrated spreadsheet formulas
- Has Quora made your romantic relationship better
- What is pastrami
- What does investment accounting mean
- What if the dental implant fails
- Are there still academic architects
- What happens in Battle Royale
- What is the song Tiny Dancer about
- Why do feet smell, but noses run
- Tegretol can cause low sodium levels
- How does pricing work for Azure Features