What is linoleum made of
In the next step, the linoleum cement is kneaded with cork flour, wood flour, limestone powder and color pigments. The composition - approx. 40 percent by mass of linoleum and cork / wood flour, approx. 20 percent by mass of chalk - largely corresponds to the original recipe of Frederick Walton, an English chemist who developed linoleum around 1860. The kneading process requires great care, because the quality of the finished topping depends on the intimate mixture and connection of the individual components. The fine-crumbly, homogeneous linoleum mass is prepared in the desired color and design and pressed onto the jute carrier using large calenders.
The raw linoleum is transported directly from the calender to the maturing or drying chambers. At this point, it is not yet suitable for use as a floor covering. Only weeks of heat treatment give it the required strength. The linoleum sheets are hung in endless loops in the approx. 20 m high ripening chambers, where they ripen for two to four weeks, depending on the thickness of the covering, with the supply of warm air. This process is time-consuming and costly, but it cannot be accelerated without the quality of the material suffering.
The finished linoleum covering is usually provided with an acrylic dispersion at the factory. The surface finish protects against building dirt and scratches. Without this refinement, which closes the pores, the goods would be sensitive to dirt and difficult to clean.
Expertise on the subject
The raw materials of linoleum
Linoleum consists of 100% organic and mineral raw materials, over 80% of which are renewable, and on which ...
Properties of linoleum
Linoleum has many positive properties. An example proves its longevity: When examining the linoleum covering ...
Areas of application for linoleum
The DIN EN ISO 10874 elastic, textile and laminate floor coverings - classification serves manufacturers, tenderers and ...
Life cycle assessment of linoleum
The raw materials for linoleum are almost exclusively natural materials. Linseed oils, resins and jute grow ...
Planning and design options
Although the design options for the design of linoleum are limited, there are even more options when it comes to laying ...
Cleaning and maintenance of linoleum
Untreated linoleum is susceptible to dirt, which is why it is protected from damage by a surface finish applied at the factory.
- Teaches Ramayana and Mahabharata at Harvard University
- What is the best scaffolding in selenium
- Who invented the squares?
- How could the project documentation be structured?
- Im 16 i can find my soul mate
- How often do you need sex
- How do snakes excrete
- What is the vitality of ancient English
- How did you manage to be normal
- What characterized the French New Wave
- Is guru man on steroids
- What's the song in the trailer
- What do quarks look like
- Keys to the success of an agile manifesto
- Have you ever held a dinner party
- Is infernape based on Sun Wukong
- Does Moonlight deserve to win the best picture
- Are cellular messages encrypted
- There are flowers that bloom at night
- Autopilot mode lacks autistic heads
- What does the axis of evil mean
- Why are ionic compounds volatile?
- What is a salary for plastic surgery nurses
- Are all non-contact forces conservative