Are there ecommerce sites that list databases
Manage business partner users on B2B ecommerce websites
- 6 minutes to read
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations has evolved into purpose-built applications that you can use to manage certain business functions. For more information about these changes, see the Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide.
This topic describes how administrators can add, edit, and delete business partner users on business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce websites.
B2B ecommerce websites require organizations to register in order to become business partners. After an organization submits registration data to a B2B e-commerce website, it goes through a qualification process. If the organization is successfully qualified, it is involved as a business partner.
After an organization has been integrated as a business partner, the organization user who initiated the request for the business partner is identified as the administrator and is given the authorization to include additional authorized users of the B2B e-commerce website. These authorized users can then place orders on behalf of the business partner.
Enable the B2B e-commerce functionality in Commerce Central Administration
With the function for B2B e-commerce functions in the commerce central administration, companies can include business partners and define administrator users. With this function, administrators can also create and manage users and teams of business partners and assign them specific roles. Finally, business partner users can create order templates and use existing orders to reorder products.
To enable the B2B e-commerce functionality feature in Commerce Central Administration, follow these steps:
- Switch to Workspaces> Data Management.
- Filter on the All-Tab in moduleField using the term Retail and trade.
- Find the function named Enable the use of B2B e-commerce features and select it. Then choose Activate now out.
Create a sequence of numbers and add it to the commerce shared parameters
Number ranges are used to generate legible, unique identifiers for master data records and booking data records that require identifiers. For more information about number sequences, see Overview of Number Sequences.
Complete the following steps to create a sequence of numbers and add it to the Commerce shared parameters in Commerce Central Administration.
- Switch to Retail and Commerce> Central Office Setup> Number Strings> Number Strings and create a sequence of numbers.
- Switch to Retail and Commerce> Central Administration Setup> Parameters> Common Commerce Parameters and add the new sequence of numbers to the Customer hierarchy IDReference added.
Set up the administrator user for a new business partner
Prospective business partners can initiate the onboarding process for a B2B e-commerce website by submitting an onboarding request via a link on the website. After a prospect selects the link, they can provide the details required for onboarding and signing up. After the request is submitted, a confirmation page for the submission will be displayed. If the submission is approved, the requester (i.e., the user who initiated the onboarding request) becomes the business partner's administrator.
Complete the following steps to approve and set up a business partner administrator user in Commerce Central Administration.
Switch to Retail and Commerce> Distribution Plan.
Run the P-0001-Order to pull all onboarding requests from business partners into the Commerce central administration.
After the P-0001- If the job ran successfully, switch to Retail and trade IT> customer and run the Synchronize customers and business partners in asynchronous mode-Order out. After this job has been successfully completed, the onboarding requirements are created as prospect records in the Commerce Central Administration. The Type ID-Field of these records is on B2B prospect set.
Switch to Customers> All interested parties and open the prospect page.
Select the prospect record for the new business partner to open the prospect details page.
Select on the GenerallyTab Convert> Approve / Reject to approve or reject the onboarding request. When a confirmation message appears, confirm that you want to continue with the process and approve the request. An email is then sent to the requester's email address to confirm that their organization has been approved as a business partner.
After you approve the request, that will statusField of the prospect record Approved set. In addition, two new customer records are created in the system: a Type: Organization-Customer record for the business partner organization and a Type: Person-Customer record for the requester. A customer hierarchy record for the business partner is also created.
Switch to Retail and Commerce IT> Distribution Plan and run the 1010 (Customers) Job to push the newly created customer and customer hierarchy data sets into the channel database.
After the request has been approved and the customer and customer hierarchy records have been synchronized with the channel database, the requester can log into the B2B e-commerce website using the email address provided when submitting the request. Users can use the login flow to set the password for their account.
Onboard additional business partner users
The business partner's administrator user can integrate additional business partner users into the B2B e-commerce website if necessary.
Complete the following steps to add additional business partner users to a B2B e-commerce website.
Log in to the B2B ecommerce website as an administrator.
Switch to My Account> Organization Users> View Details and choose Add a user out.
Enter the required information and choose to save out. The status of the new user will be on Pending set.
After the orders P-0001 and Synchronize customers and business partners in asynchronous mode it becomes a customer record for the new user Type: Person created in the commerce central administration. This customer data record is also assigned to the customer hierarchy data record of the respective business partner. An email will also be sent to the new user's email address informing them that they have been added as a user to the business partner organization and can now log into the B2B e-commerce website.
Complete the job 1010 (Customers) to synchronize the new business partner user with the channel database.
After the customer record has been synchronized, the status of the user on the B2B e-commerce website is displayed active and the new user can log into the B2B e-commerce website using their email address. Users can use the login flow to set the password for their account.
Edit the business partner's user details
Follow the steps below to edit the details of business partner users.
- Log in to the B2B ecommerce website as an administrator.
- Switch to My Account> Organization Users> View Details, choose To edit (pencil icon), make the necessary changes, and then select to save. The changes will only take effect after the orders P-0001, Synchronize customers and business partners in asynchronous mode and 1010 (Customers) were executed.
Remove a business partner user
If necessary, an administrator can remove existing business partner organization users from the list of users who can access the B2B e-commerce website.
Use the following steps to remove a business partner user.
- Log in to the B2B ecommerce website as an administrator.
- Switch to My Account> Organization Users> View Details and select the button Remove (X symbol). When a confirmation message appears, confirm that you want to remove the user. The change will only take effect after the orders P-0001, Synchronize customers and business partners in asynchronous mode and 1010 (Customers) were executed.
When you remove a user from the list of users who can access the B2B e-commerce website, the corresponding customer record is removed from the business partner's customer hierarchy record. However, the customer record itself is not deleted from the Commerce Central Administration.
Onboard business partners and users in the commerce central administration
Administrators can onboard business partners and users directly in the commerce central administration.
Follow these steps to onboard business partners and users in Commerce Central Administration.
- Create one Type: Organization-Customer record for the business partner organization.
- Create Type: Person-Customer records for business partner users. Make sure you have a primary email address for each customer.
- For each Type: Person -Customer data record, which must be specified as the administrator user of the business partner organization on the website, put in the FastTab retail trade the option B2B administrator on Yes firmly.
- Create a customer hierarchy identifier. Enter in the field Surname a name.
- Enter in the field organization the business partner organization customer.
- Choose Add and then in the field Surname a customer.
- Repeat this process to add more customers to the hierarchy.
- All of the jobs in this topic can be configured to run in batch format on a schedule. Business partners are expected to configure batch jobs as needed.
- Currently, only one user / customer record can be set as an administrator user and this role can only be changed in Commerce Central Administration. There is no support for self-service features that allow business partners to designate multiple administrators or to switch administrators of B2B e-commerce websites.
- Although spending limits can be defined for users, spending limit enforcement has not yet been implemented during the order entry process.
- All of the business logic and validation for the user experience on a B2B eCommerce website is based on the configuration of the customer record associated with the user in the Commerce Central Office.
Set up a B2B ecommerce website
Creating organizational modeling hierarchies for B2B organizations
Configure the customer account payment method for B2B ecommerce websites
Set product quantity restrictions for B2B ecommerce websites
Number ranges - overview
- Is psychosis an emergency
- How do you statistically compare percentages
- How do I stop the Windows 10 update
- When did chemtrails start?
- Does the soul have an electromagnetic nature
- Who buys McDonalds chicken nuggets
- Is IBM Watson Healthcare a success
- Do you want to be Kanye West
- What is semiconductor equipment
- What are the different types of weird
- What does git remote add origin
- Range Rovers are prone to breakdowns
- What is the largest possible planet
- What does the voice of your writer look like
- What is the beauty of Mahabharata
- Lies athletes about their height
- How did Smetana and Janacek get along?
- Why does Ireland not have its own marines?
- Do psychopaths sociopaths care about money
- Roman Saini is rich
- Why do people long for human interaction
- How clean were the Roman public baths
- What does K mean in clustering
- What is giant maxing in Pokemon