Instincts or brain that holds more weight
Neuropsychology: This is what really distinguishes men's and women's brains
Women are interested in people, men in things. Women want to empathize, men prefer to systematize. Of course, after all, the brains of men and women are fundamentally different. Women's brains are better supplied with blood. On the other hand, men's are harder. Women have more gray mass, men more white. Alleged differences like these can be found in abundance on the Internet - and are scientifically rather questionable. Because what consequences the differences have for the function is not at all clear.
The myth that a man's brain looks and works very differently from a woman's remains persistent. The differences are usually very small, say researchers. And it's not clear whether these minimal differences have anything to do with behavior or specific skills at all. There is only one area in the brain that is different: Here the difference is not just really big. Scientists are also sure that this is actually reflected in the behavior of women and men.
The part of the brain that is involved is only a few millimeters. It sits deep in the brain, in an evolutionarily very old area, the diencephalon. For the most part, its functions are so basic, so instinctive that they are hardly more complex in humans than in other mammals. And there is the so-called Nucleus preopticus medialis: a small nerve cell nucleus, i.e. a collection of nerve cells that together perform a certain task.
Differences are created in the womb
- What is the strongest firewall
- What is the need for modulation 2
- What do you think
- How are Korean cars
- How to build a wooden balcony
- Is chocolate he or she
- Which IB subjects should I choose?
- When do we start learning Marathi?
- How's the nightlife in Cincinnati
- We understand health
- Is benzene sublime
- How does mining affect water quality
- What is west of the North Pole
- Blackberry still exists
- What is normality
- Wormtail really took care of Harry
- Why did Steven Spielberg start making films?
- Computers are moving away from the use of passwords
- How have prayers helped your illness?
- Which APs should I learn by myself
- How do you analyze your life
- How are applications continuously provided on servers
- Which actors and / or musicians write books?
- How is Patna doing in Patna