Why do we need a personal plan
Personal development planThis is how you advance your own development
Whichever method or combination of methods managers choose from the above tools: They can use the following process to structure their development process. The following steps can be used regardless of the specific development goal. The step-by-step approach helps to create a plan and to keep the orientation. However, the prerequisite for successful implementation is that managers can clearly state what bothers them and where they want to develop.
1. Formulate the development goal
This is easiest when the specific leadership behavior that is to be improved is named, i.e. not just an abstract success goal. It is helpful not to tackle several topics at once, but to focus on a behavior that is the cause of the disruptive feeling. The goal should be formulated in writing in one sentence. Example: "I want to learn not to be knowledgeable towards my employees."
2. Get feedback from outsiders
Feedback from outsiders can be obtained in informal series of discussions with people from your own environment who are not involved. These can be peers, superiors, customers or private contacts. The questions are best integrated into conversations that take place anyway, whether by phone, Skype or face-to-face. At the end of a meeting, the person should be addressed directly: “One more thing: I'm currently trying to improve my partnership building. Do you have two or three specific ideas what I can do to build stable external relationships? "
3. Create a list of options for action
Step two should be carried out regularly and systematically by managers for a month, and should receive feedback every day when the opportunity arises. All useful suggestions and options for action that are mentioned should be collected in a list. However, useless suggestions should not be noted down.
4. Prioritize options for action in a roadmap
This involves selecting two to three specific options for action from the list of suggestions. Managers should not try to implement as many ideas as possible, but rather focus on the specific changes in behavior selected. The prioritization should be done by feeling. The frequency of mention or the source of the proposal should not play a role in the selection.
5. Implement the roadmap systematically for three months
The implementation should be approached systematically. The manager should consider the occasions when the respective option for action can be used in a targeted manner. In time it becomes flesh and blood.
6. Follow up after three months
This is about asking people in their own environment what changes they have noticed recently. Managers can conduct this informal feedback in the same way as the feedback discussions in step two. It is important that the change in behavior is noticed. If not, the entire process should be repeated with other options for action from the list.
- You should take responsibility for other errors
- Can we consume isolated protein with milk
- Why is there no looting in Japan
- Engineering college is important
- What interests should a computer scientist have?
- What is supply and demand in business
- Will Hurricane Florence hit North Carolina
- How good is the 7-zip file encryption
- How can I download 3D songs
- What can be the cause of skin problems
- Will Google Glass be the next big thing?
- What kind of magnet produces more electricity
- How to say flag in Indonesian
- What are the different types of neurosurgeons
- Who sings the song Boy with Love
- What was your only moment in Scotland
- Anime Debate Need Help
- How we do Banh Cuon North Vietnam
- What's your favorite Snow Patrol song
- What is the simplest cake
- How can a robot fly
- How can I fail the exam?
- Spider Man Homecoming is set in 2020
- Where does Linux store cached DNS