How were the rulers of Mesopotamia chosen
Who were Mesopotamia's gold suppliers?
In the 3rd millennium BC A royal dynasty developed in the southern Mesopotamian city of Ur, whose grand tombs were also furnished with gold objects.
Scientific analyzes confirm the high level of craftsmanship of the goldsmiths and provide information on the origin of the precious metal.
Natural gold deposits are not known in Iraq today, but trace elements and isotopes, archaeological findings and reconstructed cuneiform texts refer to northern Afghanistan and the Indus valley.
When the successful crime writer Agatha Christie visited the British excavations in Ur in 1930, Sir Leonard Woolley's excavation team proudly presented her precious artifacts, which Christie combined in her book with artistic freedom - golden cups and daggers were discovered, but without rams' heads or Lapis lazuli inlays. Woolley has been researching the city-state in southern Mesopotamia, mentioned in the Bible, since 1925 .… Millennium BC BC, the early dynastic period ...
This article is contained in Spectrum of Science Special Archeology - History - Culture 3/2019
- How can I join a MobiKwik company
- What are absurd films
- Is light a wave or a particle
- What is turbulence
- If Bobby Fischer were a Trump supporter
- Can you decipher the word GLON?
- How is modern Mongolia
- What will Amazon do next with Alexa
- Smartphone addiction can result in loneliness or anxiety
- What is the maximum weight limit for paramotoring
- What do songs mean
- Who can defeat Darth Vader
- What are some communal violations
- Which language does the processing 3
- What is the unit of conductivity
- How is FinTech revolutionizing the financial sector?
- What do you miss when you're lonely
- How can I visit the Tesla headquarters
- Everyone should only be homeschooled
- How do I add Adsense and SEO
- Who are the best bespoke tailors in Shanghai
- What is the conflict in Venezuela
- How deep can a whale dive
- Will be disbanding JYP Got7 soon