What does it mean when memory is running out
Android Android: memory full - what helps?
Many smartphone users know the problem: the memory is always full. Not only iPhone users suffer from this annoying message, Android smartphones with low storage capacity can also quickly reach their limits. We have put together some helpful tips for you to save and free up space on your phone.
This helps against a full Android memory
1. Delete unused apps, deactivate apps that cannot be deletedTo free up memory, you should also delete apps from your device that you are not using. However, some preinstalled apps cannot be easily deleted. You can deactivate this in the app settings. This gives the apps an effective memory size of a few kilobytes. You can access the individual apps via the Settings and then "AppsSelect ". When you tap the app, you can either"Uninstall"or"Deactivate" choose.
2. Mucking outClearing out the smartphone from time to time is an easy way to create new storage space. To do this, transfer your music, photos, etc. to another storage medium - e. B. your PC. Alternatively, you can delete the data, but normally you want to keep the images. Also make sure that some apps create their own paths in which you save files. Messenger WhatsApp is one of these apps. Here we are going to show you how to move your data to Windows PC.
3. Identify memory hogsStorage hogs tend to hide between many normal files. These are apps or files that are excessively large. Just by their presence they take up a larger part of the smartphone storage space. To check your Android's memory, call your Settings menu on. There tap on the point "Storage" under the headline "device". Here you will find detailed instructions on how to display your storage space on an Android device. Also yours Download folder can be a memory hog. You should therefore clean it up regularly. Images you once looked at may be stacked there that you yourself no longer knew existed.
4. Empty the cacheYou can also free up space on your smartphone by emptying the cache. The cache is the smartphone's buffer memory. This is where your cache, for example, is also swapped out. Every time an app is used, small data points are saved in the cache. These are not always completely deleted when an app is closed. You should therefore manually clear your cell phone cache from time to time. To do this, call the app via "Settings" and then "Apps"on. Then tap on"Storage" and "clear cache".
5. Use cloud storageUse cloud storage. This means that your smartphone memory is not continuously filled with data. To use a cloud such as Google's cloud storage, you must have it Activate function only. In the Settings navigate to the sub-item "Backup & reset". Then tap" at the topBack up my data" and the Sliderto activate the function. You may still need to sign in with a Google account. In addition, Google offers apps such as the Google Photos app to set up cloud storage directly. An overview of the best cloud storage can be found here.display
6. Buy a larger SD card Another approach is to buy more storage in the form of an SD card. This can simply be plugged into the Android device. So you can outsource photos and apps so that the internal phone memory does not fill up so quickly. To outsource an app, open your Settings and tap on "Apps" (under device). If you have a specific app there and then "StorageIf you tap ", the option" appears on most Android smartphonesTo change" and then "SD card"This is a great way to keep your internal storage clean.
7. If nothing helps: resetThis method should only be used in an extreme emergency - if you have followed all of the previous steps but have not noticeably gained storage space. The memory can then be taken up by a hidden app or even a virus. The easy way to solve this problem is to do a factory reset on your Android device and erase all your data from the phone.
- Is there a beach at Pier 39
- What is stress-induced asthma
- Are hugs downright human
- What are some medical treatments for psoriasis?
- Can someone get rich in China?
- Who killed Carolus Rex
- Aren't introverts brave enough to make suggestions
- What is the escape speed on earth
- How is your girlfriend
- Should I chew aspirin for faster results
- How do users use LogMeIn
- White power is dangerous
- Whats Amazon's right of return for used electronics
- What are top yoga brands for men
- What is the real story of Dracula
- How began wearing the crown
- What is the most durable privacy fence
- Does swearing negatively affect B2B communication
- Really stops bars leak from cooler leaks
- Can I run R on a Mac?
- Why Skype doesn't use XMPP
- What happens when Swiss banks close
- What is Accounting Beta
- What is the power of internal communication