5G is more of the same
What actually is 5G?
At the beginning of mobile communications in Germany, there was analogue in 1958 A network under 1G. Conversations were still arranged here by hand. Only with that B network From 1972, self-dialing found its way into mobile communications. However, if you wanted to call a mobile phone subscriber, you had to know where he was and enter the appropriate area code. Mobile communications were not really mobile anyway: if you left the radio range of a radio station, the call was broken off. That changed in 1985 with the still analogue one C network.
The second generation received their start permit in 1991 with the digital one D networkthat on the GSM standard (G) based. The digital transmission process via GSM improved the voice quality considerably. In addition, data such as SMS could also be transmitted for the first time. GSM achieved a bandwidth of 14.4 kilobits per second, which was increased in 2001 with GPRS to 55 kbit / s. The GSM extension Edge (E) it brought it to bandwidths of up to 150 kbit / s from 2006 and was used by the first iPhone at the time. Today, E stands on the mobile phone display for mobile internet at a snail's pace.
UMTS allowed a bandwidth of 384 kbit / s from 2004 and made it possible for the first time to send and receive two different data streams at the same time. During a phone call, you could get an e-mail at the same time - the era of the mobile Internet was officially ushered in. Because the data rates quickly reached their limits, the UMTS expansion came into being in 2006 HSPA (H), which initially allowed downloads of 1.8 Mbit / s, in the last expansion stage HSPA + 2011 then transfers of 28 Mbit / s in the download and 11 Mbit / s in the upload.
The new 4G standard started in 2011. LTE (Long Term Evolution) was based on the UMTS infrastructure, but used the frequency spectrum much more effectively than its predecessor. Usually a bandwidth of up to 50 Mbit / s is offered for download. LTE Advanced but now makes speeds of up to 500 Mbit / s possible.
- Accepts Cornell transfer students
- High LDH means cancer
- How do strength and energy differ?
- Why is Aldi's grocery business so successful
- How can you learn to think smarter
- Cell phones are allowed
- Does Google Duo work on an iPhone
- How deep is the deepest cave in the world
- Why does technology evolve so quickly
- Where can I find a capitalization table
- Can a Muslim be a humanist
- Which country started the guillotine first?
- Why do piston engine airplanes have no gearboxes?
- How good are NestAway rental apartments
- Have you experienced time travel
- Can Sterling engines run on nuclear power?
- What are the best atheist skeptic blogs
- How can you change your subconscious beliefs?
- LED lights are perfect for party decorations
- What is Martin Scorsese's trademark
- How do anesthesiologists get people to sleep?
- What is Detoxil Omega Burn
- What is your favorite Japanese tradition
- How does teamblind com