What is Queen's best music video
The 10 best songs by Queen
For over two decades, the line-up of Queen with the charismatic and eccentric frontman Freddie Mercury, guitarist Brian May, drummer Roger Taylor and bassist John Deacon remained unchanged. With countless world hits, they captured the hearts of fans who broke during the tragic death of Mercury in 1991. But the songs live on, which is proven not least by the gigantic success of the (rather overrated) biopic "Bohemian Rhapsody" (2018).
Here are the subjectively best Queen songs:
10. Killer Queen
This glam rock pop track was taken from the 1974 album "Sheer Heart Attack" and, according to Brian May, marked a turning point in Queen's musical style: "It was the song that best summed up our musical style".
Queen wrote the cool title song with the majestic bombastic chorus for this trashy but very funny "Flash Gordon" comic adaptation "Flash! A-ah! King of the impossible!"who may have fathered Muse ...
The song comes from the 14th and last album of the same name, Queens, with Freddie Mercury as the singer: Released only months before his death, the darker, dramatic track, reminiscent of the early progressive days, still gives goose bumps to this day.
7. Somebody To Love
Composed on the piano by Mercury, the track from 1976 merges gospel sounds with rock elements. The song was heavily influenced by Aretha Franklin and the choir consists of the multiple recorded voices of the band members.
6. Show Must Go On
One of the last recordings of the seriously ill Freddie Mercury and, according to Brian May, one of his best singing performances. The weakened Mercury grabbed a bottle of vodka before recording and recorded the song in a single take. A short time later he died of AIDS and left this goose bumps song to the grieving fans as a legacy and a message.
"The show must go on,
Inside my heart is breaking
My makeup may be flaking
But my smile, still, stays on "
5. Bicycle Race
Apparently inspired by the "Tour de France", but maybe also a coded gay anthem: The song contains references to cocaine, via John Wayne to "Star Wars". And don't forget that brilliant solo on bike ringing.
4. I Want To Break Free
In 1984 the clip for the song caused a sensation, in which all band members appear dressed as women, Mercury deliberately not shaving off his famous mustache. Actually a homage and parody to the British soap "Coronation Street", but for America it is pure provocation. The USA, then ruled by Ronald Reagan, reacted with piquancy and MTV boycotted the clip. Brian May said: "We lost America overnight".
3. Another One Bites The Dust
One of Queen's best-selling singles wasn't a rock song and wasn't written by Mercury, but bassist John Deacon: The track is a cool disco piece that was inspired by the chic song "Good Times".
Yes, it is the band's ubiquitous and yes, it is (rightly) number one on many lists: This novel mix of prog rock and hard rock was also number one in the charts for Queen. The (for many probably incomprehensible text) is still thrown heart and soul:
"Bismillah, we will not let you go, let me go
(Will not let you go) let me go (never, never let you go) let me go (never let me go)
Oh oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me for me for me ".
1. Under Pressure (with David Bowie)
The interplay of these two immortal voices alone makes the song spectacular, but the killer bassline is indestructible. Not even "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice could destroy it. The track was always the last in the legendary set lists at Queen concerts and so it deserves first place here!
- What is 1 3 x 1 4
- Are the wildlings rednecks
- How do you monitor Docker in production
- Chicago has good ethnic restaurants
- Which candidates do democrats consider neoliberal?
- How good are the self-driving motorcycles from BMW
- What part of a plant is garlic
- What bad things have disappeared thanks to smartphones
- How is Nagpur Interactive Teaching Institute
- Did climate change cause Typhoon Haiyan?
- Might inherit Sansa Casterly Rock
- What makes bullies stop
- Are cells bacteria and viruses conscious
- How do you clean smelly high heels
- When do the Jews go to church?
- Who is the best athlete of 2019
- Why is gerrymandering a good thing
- How is Charlie Watts personally
- Is Thailand concerned about the Zika virus
- How compatible is Islam with British values
- What does the name iPhone mean
- How do singles spend their weekend vacation
- Are Weber grills worth it
- What's next after the algo trade