What is teething
Teething in babies: 6 tips for quick relief
Breaking through their teeth is very troublesome for some babies. Every child suffers differently. Tips on how you can help your baby teething so that the symptoms are less.
When will the first tooth come?
The milk teeth are already in place in the jawbone before birth. From around the 6th month they begin to break through in bursts. In some children, the first tooth shows up earlier, while others smile completely toothless up to the 8th month. Most of the time, it's the lower central incisors that appear first.
How long does baby's teething last?
The central incisors are followed by the upper and side incisors. The molars and canines usually come last. By the third birthday at the latest, the deciduous dentition will be complete.
How does a baby behave when teething?
When the teeth push through the gums, it causes problems for many babies: The gums are tight, press, itchy and painful. These signs could indicate that your baby is teething:
- Your baby will bite and chew on anything they can get their hands on.
- The saliva flows in streams and runs from the corners of the mouth.
- Reddened cheeks, especially on the side where a new tooth appears.
- The gums are red and swollen. The baby rubs against it frequently.
- Elevated body temperature and loose stools are also possible in association with these symptoms.
- Your little one is very tearful and dissatisfied at times, which unfortunately also brings with it one or the other restless night.
Contrary to popular belief, against more serious symptoms like fever in the baby and diarrhea no normal side effects of teething.
“When teething, babies can get whiny and high temperatures, they drool more and rub against their irritated gums. But blisters in the mouth, loss of appetite and diarrhea are not among the consequences of tooth eruption. "Dr. Hermann Josef Kahl, federal press spokesman for the professional association of paediatricians
It is more likely that the cause is an infection that coincidentally coincides with the eruption of the teeth. Dr. As a precaution, Kahl advises a visit to the pediatrician if your baby experiences more serious and persistent symptoms.
By the way: not all babies have teething problems. Sometimes parents discover the first or another tooth purely by chance without their baby noticeably suffering from the breakthrough. If your little one is not one of those lucky ones, we have a few tips for you on how you can make teething easier for your baby.
What will help the baby with teething?
'# 1 massage
Massage of the gums is now good for many babies. Simply use a clean finger or baby dental care finger cots. To relieve the pain, you can rub the gums with cool chamomile tea. The cooled tea made from 5 cloves simmered in 200 ml of water for around ten minutes can also relieve teething pain.
# 2 Let it bite
Chewing on harder objects also works like a soothing massage for the pressing and itchy gums. Pollutant-free teething rings or damp washcloths are best for this. Slightly cooled, they reduce blood flow, relieve pain and inhibit possible inflammation. A piece of bread crust or chilled pieces of fennel and carrot can also help to teething. Do not leave your baby unattended with this, however, as it could choke.
# 3 violet root
The violet root has an analgesic effect and is recommended by some midwives as a teething aid. The only problem: the hygiene. Germs can quickly form on the wood. If you still want to try the root, rinse and boil it regularly with water and let it dry thoroughly. You should dispose of cracked and broken roots and no longer offer them to bite!
# 4 teething gel
If your baby is suffering a lot, analgesic and anti-inflammatory teething gels can provide relief. Let your pediatrician or pharmacy advise you on the right ointment and important instructions for use.
# 5 homeopathy
Some moms swear by homeopathy for teething pain. The active ingredient Chamomilla (chamomile) is particularly suitable.
# 6 bibs
With increased salivation during teething, the neck and chest are soaked in no time. Neck scarves and bibs ensure that rompers and shirts stay dry.
Which of these tips will help your baby teething is the best thing to try. After all, no two children are alike. Many paediatricians warn of one thing:Be careful with amber necklaces. Therefore, it is better to use other teething aids such as teething rings or violet roots. Are at all Distraction and tenderness surely the best sedative for every teething baby.
Did you like Baby Teething: 6 Tips for Quick Relief? We would be happy if you share the article - and of course you are welcome to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram.
- How are your sneezes
- Why do I sometimes hesitate all the time
- What are the best human rat traps
- How do I become invincible
- What are famous football rivalries in Poland
- What would happen if Yandex bought Quora?
- Piranhas attack crocodiles
- What is a KRISS vector
- Is it correct to say fish
- Who founded the quantum theory?
- What is the scientific name of Gilhari
- How to properly clean clear mounts
- Has Gon died after fighting Pitou
- Who makes the best umbrellas
- How many natives were in America?
- Which banks do not allow the purchase of crypto currency?
- If the number 0 123456789101112131415161718192021 is transcendent
- What are the most popular robotics competitions
- Who were Abraham Lincoln's siblings
- Good ethics mean good business
- What is meant by polymorphism in C ++
- How feasible is this IB timetable
- How do I install Kodi on a laptop
- Does FAU have a good football program