What are some benefits of memory training
Memory Training - Really Helpful or Useless?
According to hamburg.de, around 26,000 patients in Hamburg are affected by some form of dementia. Alzheimer's is the most common dementia. 60 to 65 percent of patients with dementia are inferior to Alzheimer's disease, while only 20 to 30 percent of patients suffer from vascular dementia (vascular dementia). Due to medical advances, life expectancy is higher today than it was a few years ago. And so the number of dementia patients will also tend to increase in the future.
Depending on the severity of the disease, dementia can affect memory, thinking, language or motor skills. However, forgetfulness is not always due to Alzheimer's or some other severe form of dementia, but can be due to common causes. In order to train the memory - and thus preventively counteract forgetfulness - different memory trainings can be completed. But do these trainings help or are they ineffective?
Memory training - what is it actually about?
Anyone who remembers their own grandparents may have the picture of crossword puzzles in the Sunday newspaper or the pen in front of the Sudoku notebook. This can be a form of memory training, but research has developed further - and with it the possibility of training the brain and keeping it fit over the long term. The aim of the training is to increase the performance of the brain, which can also improve performance in everyday situations. According to Neuronation, memory training can be used to carry out a kind of meditation for the brain. Participants can challenge and promote their brains in different ways. The memory training is not aimed at a specific target group, but is equally suitable for young and older people. Central features of the training are, for example, the use of card holders or logic exercises.
Overview of advantages and disadvantages
Memory training can be started at a young age. The benefits that result from training for the brain are diverse and varied. For example, memory training helps to cope with stress before exams and exams. But memory training also makes it possible to increase performance at work or in family life. Memory training, for example, promotes blood flow to the brain and stimulates the formation of new nerve cell connections. This enables training participants to improve the performance of the brain. The improved brain activity in turn gives rise to further advantages. In addition to performance, the brain's ability to concentrate and remember is also increased. The trained brain can also better recognize relationships in different private and professional situations. The increase in associative and logical thinking and the increase in the ability to structure received information are concise. However, through the training the participants can also stimulate brain activities such as creativity and imagination or promote sensory perception and mental flexibility.
The memory training does not result in any specific disadvantages. However, the participants should consider different characteristics that are relevant for effective memory training - and thus also lead to the seven advantages:
- Formation of new nerve cell connections
- Recognize connections (better)
- Increase in performance, concentration and memory
- Increase in associative and logical thinking
- Structuring of information
- Stimulation of creativity and imagination
- Promotion of sensual perception and mental flexibility
What should be taken into account?
In order for the memory training to be successful, various features must be observed. If the participants do not train their brains according to certain patterns and rules, it is difficult to increase performance and rarely transferred to coping with everyday situations.
- Individual alignment: The memory training must be individually tailored to the participant. There is no rule of thumb that fits every participant when it comes to memory training. The training methods are as individual as the personalities of the participants. It is important to get to know your own learning behavior and to adapt the speed and scope of the training individually to the individual participant.
- Success stories: If the memory training is too difficult and only barely noticeable results can be achieved, then the training of the brain is ineffective. The advantages cannot be realized without a noticeable sense of achievement.
- Fun in training: So that you stick to the memory training, the joy of it must not diminish. As in sport, an increase in performance is particularly evident when the exercisers enjoy their discipline. By changing the training methods or doing joint activities with friends or family, the training can be implemented directly with more fun.
- Continuity and variety: In order to achieve the goal of a long-lasting increase in the performance of the brain, participants in memory training should complete the training continuously. Even training that is carried out once a week leads to a noticeable increase in the performance of the brain, according to the SWR in an article. A variety of exercises and training methods can also promote different areas of the brain, which leads to better results for brain performance, concentration and memory.
Targeted memory training can help keep your memory fit. However, it does not represent a panacea. © Counseling (CC0 license) / pixabay.com
The number of dementias is high and due to the high life expectancy for medical reasons, the number of Alzheimer's patients will tend to increase even further in the future. To keep the memory going, many people like to use crossword puzzles or Sudoku books. The brain activity is stimulated, but through continuous further development in research, further methods for increasing the efficiency of the brain have been developed to date. With memory training, a kind of meditation for the brain, positive results can be achieved that are not only suitable for older people. Since memory training offers various advantages such as recognizing (logical) connections or structuring information, long-term positive increases in brain performance can be achieved. Therefore, young people can also benefit from the advantages of memory training and transfer their increased efficiency of brain activities to everyday situations in school, study or at work.
- How can a dreamer be successful in life
- What's the next lightbulb idea
- What does an electric eel eat
- How are blood groups classified
- What year was Juan N Seguin born
- Do heavier boxing gloves hurt more
- Which musical instruments can you make smarter
- When does the Infinix Hot S5
- What is the work of a carburetor
- How popular is ballet in Japan
- What is patent application
- What is the process for meditation
- How do I enhance spiritual practices
- What is the difference between polyester and acrylic
- Why can hypnosis heal us
- Where quartz dust is mostly used
- How would one explain common security measures?
- What version of Minecraft do I have
- Why do websites crash due to traffic
- How do I hide dislikes on YouTube
- Why am I so hideous
- How does asthma affect your lungs
- What causes black sheep in families
- How do I generate equivalent fractions