What is the waiter rule
20 after 4 position: I'm done
Well, who could have answered this question: “Who should deal with the 20 after 4 position know? ”Günther Jauch asked Sebastian Langrock this question yesterday in his quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? - it was the million dollar question. And Sebastian Langrock knew the right answer: waiter. Because the 20 after the 4 position describes the typical position of the cutlery: Knife and fork are parallel at 4 o'clock - and this indicates to the service staff: "I'm done."
Table manners are still part of good manners. In hardly any other area do people associate good behavior as strongly as they do at the table. A good eating culture has the greatest external impact at business lunches and is an indication of nobility and a good nursery - and conversely, it can also be a stumbling block for applicants. Good if you know at least the two most important cutlery codes:
- The 20 after the 4 position (Knife and fork are on the plate at 4 o'clock)
- The 20 after the 8 position (Fork at 8 o'clock, knife at 4 o'clock)
Table manners and cutlery codes
The latter means that you are just taking a break and the waiter should not clean up, for example, while you are just freshening up in the toilet.
Other alleged codes, however, belong in the realm of myths. About the 20 before 8 position. It is supposed to signal to the host or cook: "The food was terrible." But that's nonsense.
Another very real rule is all the less observed, but it is a further indication of good table manners: Once picked up, the cutlery must no longer touch the tablecloth!
You can find even more tips on manners and etiquette rules for eating culture here:
ABC for business lunches: The etiquette for the type of meal
- Which is better Raichu or Jolteon
- Notary services are free
- Is something to be done right
- What is a Jewish sperm donor
- Why is digitization important
- What causes bumps on the legs
- How to use the Dropbox app
- What is the best vitamin for inflammation
- How do I spend my money wisely
- Could AI be better lawyers
- Which pH is the most alkaline
- What is a P2P Sharding System
- How many guerrillas are there in Afghanistan
- Supports moto x play otg
- How good are you at street photography
- Flipkart offers a special discount for homosexuals
- What do you think of Ben Stiller
- What is fault current interruption
- What are lamin proteins
- Why watching snooker is easier than playing
- Which country has Maggi banned
- Why is Aldi's grocery business so successful
- Why was Aragorn exiled?
- How far did Jesus go to Golgotha?