Which part of town is greater Queens or Brooklyn
Brooklyn: multifaceted suburb
Around 2.5 million people live in Brooklyn.
Downtown Brooklyn is just minutes from Lower Manhattan and is easily accessible by bus and subway:
- 17 subway lines connect each neighborhood in Brooklyn with the rest of the city.
- The area can be accessed via the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway and FDR Drive and is just a short drive from LaGuardia Airport and JFK International
- The East River Ferry connects Midtown Manhattan with Williamsburg and DUMBO.
- New York water taxis offer a hop-on, hop-off service between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music: Presents traditional and contemporary art in the fields of film, dance, music, theater and opera.
Opened in 2012 Barclays Center (Brooklyn is the new home of the professional basketball team, the Brooklyn Nets. In the 205.740m² large sports and event location, not only sports events but also concerts and circus performances take place. Stars like Jay Z and Barbra Streisand have already appeared. barclayscenter.com
Brooklyn's famous food market Smorgasburg received a license to distill liqueurs a few years ago. This made the opening of the SmorgasBar, which offers Brooklyn-brewed beer, wine and spirits. In the summer months, the weekly market takes place on the Williamsburg waterfront and opens its doors with more than 100 vendors. brooklynflea.com
The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens is a model of urban horticulture. The New York Times described the garden as "New York's most important natural science attraction". The Visitor center built a few years ago with its approximately 3,000 m² "living roof" represents a remarkable synthesis of architecture and landscape design. The visitor center has numerous exhibits, an orientation room for group tours, a leaf-shaped event hall and an extensive shop with plants and garden accessories. bbg.org
New in Brooklyn Bridge Park is the one from 1922 Jane’s Carousel, which is housed in a transparent pavilion designed by the French star architect Jean Nouvel. It is located in Empire Fulton Ferry State Park, which offers a spacious lawn, a waterfront and a fantastic view of the skyline between Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridge. Opening times are from April to November, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed on Tuesdays). brooklynbridgepark.comjanescarousel.com
The BRIC House is located in Brooklyn's downtown cultural district. The “House of the Arts” - as the BRIC house calls itself - is intended to be a home for artists and spectators alike. bricartsmedia.org
Brooklyn Brewery: New York's premier brewery offers happy hours, tastings, and tours. brooklynbrewery.com
Brooklyn Museum: The second largest museum in New York exhibits art from ancient Egypt to contemporary works.www.brooklynmuseum.org
Brooklyn Navy Yard: The former shipyard, which was operated by the US Navy until 1966, employed almost 69,000 workers in 1943. Warships, armored landing ships and aircraft carriers were built here. In the 1970s, the site also served as a film set. brooklynnavyyard.org
New York Transit Museum: The exhibition shows the 175-year history of transportation in New York and is housed in a disused subway station from the 1930s. web.mta.info/mta/museum
DUMBO (D.own Under the M.anhattan B.ridge Omiss): Once founded as an artists' quarter, DUMBO has established itself as an alternative to the high-priced Manhattan as a residential area. Since 2007 it has been designated as the Historic District of the City of New York.
More info about Brooklyn you can get this under the telephone number: +49 89 552 533 806.
© Photos Julienne Schaer
- What was Mother Teresa's miracle
- What is NATA input
- What is the best way to learn about design
- USA own Germany
- How can I get my gmails?
- Why am I so fascinated by dragons
- How do photonic integrated circuits work
- What is 9 1 3 N.
- A psychotic break can be fun
- What is unstable market
- What are the best songs by the Bangtan Boys
- When is big data really big data?
- What is a metallic glass
- How is it that Google is always right
- How to clip in Geometry Dash
- Where can I find my new password
- Where can I find a recycling facility
- How good is the government in Mongolia
- How does clustering work in data science
- What is ecclesiology
- What are some good mixes for Hennessy
- Where are the laws of physics kept
- How do predators catch prey
- Religion scares you