Is the approval of the voting strategy a proof?
Democracy in Europe: On the Role of Parliaments
This volume provides an overview of the developments in European systems of government since 1989/90. At the center of the reports and analyzes are elections and parliaments, the means and institutions to guarantee democracy in transition. Advances in European integration have by no means made the cause of democracy in Europe any easier. The Maastricht Treaty (Maastricht I) reinforced the call for the European Union to reduce democratic deficits; the judgment of the Federal Constitutional Court refers to deeper-lying dilemmas of democratization in Europe. Anyone who wants democracy, and even more democracy in Europe, will have to address these areas of tension - more seriously than has mostly happened up to now. From the point of view of its 25 years of primary pursuit of topics, the editors of the magazine for parliamentary issues want to make a contribution with this special issue. With her decision in favor of international and comparative perspectives, she also wants to set her mark against all varieties of nationalistic demarcation.
Democracy Democratization European Integration European Union (EU) Institution Integration Parliaments Parliaments Government Constitution Elections
About the authors
Dr. Winfried Steffani, emeritus professor for political science at the University of Hamburg, is deputy chairman of the German Association for Parliamentary Issues and the board member for the journal for parliamentary issues. Dr. Uwe Thaysen, Professor of Political Science at the University of Lüneburg, z. Z. Visiting Professor at Georgetown University in Washington, is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Parliamentary Issues.
- Book TitleDemocracy in Europe: The Role of Parliaments
- Editors Winfried Steffani
- Series TitleMagazine for Parliamentary Issues
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-322-93517-5
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 1995
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften
- eBook PackagesSpringer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-12689-0
- eBook ISBN978-3-322-93517-5
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages, 404
- Number of Illustrations3 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Topics Political Science
Public International Law
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- How do I advise couples
- Boys go swimming in Alaska
- How has mindfulness affected your life?
- What is free chlorine
- Who founded the quantum theory?
- Technology devalues creative minds
- Why do we get dressed
- How artificial intelligence can improve Smart TV
- What is Joe Montana famous for?
- How do I increase my discipline
- Why are smoking rooms disappearing from airports?
- Oxygen allergy is a real thing
- How did Microsoft make so much money
- Where can I have hoodies made?
- Emotions are under the control of the brain
- What are some cool mac screen savers
- What else is on a Redmi 2
- What is meant by content is king
- Why is effusion not a spontaneous process
- At what age do rabbits begin to mate?
- Was Muhammad a descendant of Ishmael
- A deflected septum may be congenital
- Who are the most interesting backpackers
- How are beetles born