What causes the failure of man
Most common cause of accidents: human error
Last year there were fewer road traffic accidents than in 2007. And the importance of the individual causes of accidents has also changed.
(verpd) According to the Federal Statistical Office, the police recorded 2.29 million road traffic accidents in 2008, 1.8 percent fewer than in the previous year. The most common causes of accidents have also changed. However, the culpable behavior of road users is still the main reason for the accidents.
In 2008 there were around 1.97 million accidents with property damage and 320,614 with personal injury recorded by the police. There were 4,477 people, 9.5 percent less than before 2007, killed and 409,047 road users injured.
38 percent of all road deaths from driving too fast
The unadjusted speed as the cause of the accident fell significantly in 2008 compared to 2007 by almost ten percent.
For the first time, driving too fast - which has been the number one cause of accidents for many years - is only the third most common misconduct among drivers who have caused personal injury. 1,703 people were killed and 74,564 injured in these accidents. Compared to 2007, the number of fatalities has decreased by 13 percent and that of injuries by eleven percent.
Nevertheless, accidents in which at least one person involved in the accident was moving too fast result in more fatalities and injuries than the average of all accidents. Almost two in five fatalities in road traffic (38 percent) were still killed by driving too fast.
People as the number one cause of accidents
Basically, 91 percent of all causes of accidents can be traced back to personal behavior. Only around nine percent of the accidents were due to general causes, such as bad weather and road conditions and obstacles on the road.
15.7 percent of accidents with personal injury were caused by driving errors when turning, turning, reversing, starting or driving in. Failure to give way and priority was the second most common cause of accidents, accounting for 15 percent. 14.4 percent of the accidents occurred as a result of an inappropriate speed.
Other important reasons for accidents are too little distance (11.5 percent), incorrect road use (7.3 percent), driving under the influence of alcohol (4.7 percent), misconduct towards pedestrians (4.4 percent) and mistakes when overtaking (3.8 Percent). A further 23.3 percent of accidents can be traced back to numerous other driving errors.
A question of liability
If the question of guilt is clear, the damage in accidents in which only motor vehicles are involved is paid for by the motor vehicle liability insurance of the person who caused the accident. If you have caused an accident as a cyclist or pedestrian, the damage is covered by private liability insurance.
However, only a motor vehicle keeper or owner is obliged to take out motor vehicle liability insurance. However, personal liability insurance is not required by law. Since, according to Paragraph 823 of the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch), there is unlimited liability for all damage caused negligently, everyone should have a corresponding private liability insurance.
The question of guilt or the right amount of compensation is not always clear after an accident. Liability insurance may help defend against unjustified claims. However, in order to be able to enforce one's own claims for damages, it is often necessary to go to a lawyer. In the event of an insured event, the corresponding legal and court costs are covered by a traffic and / or private legal protection insurance.
The insurance expert will help you with the question of the right liability and legal protection insurance.
- Why is Jevon's paradox not widely known
- Where does the expression bad juju come from?
- What can be found in satellites
- Can a hearing aid increase hearing performance
- How to build a wooden balcony
- A psychotic break can be fun
- Why are carbohydrates important
- Is MDF good for furniture
- Is organic food safe and useful
- Did the United Nations help India
- Does it mean something to be honest?
- What are the best chips
- What are three empty words
- Is consciousness engraved on our genes
- What kind of jewelry do you buy
- How do I romanticize my girlfriend
- Cats have a theory of the mind
- How's the nightlife in Cincinnati
- Will you let someone destroy you
- Why aren't my YouTube videos showing?
- Do you really need antivirus software
- Is aloe vera good for wrinkles
- Are Apple batteries better than Android batteries
- Should learn SEO from PR agencies
- Why is the hypothalamus in the forebrain
- Can hold PVC weight
- Good ethics mean good business
- How do I turn off the iPhone
- How did Andheri get his name
- How do I rate my programming skills
- Where is Gurkhas' brigade
- England is bigger than Glasgow
- Savings bonds can expire