Can a poisonous snake be eaten
Beheaded snakes can also be fatal
A Texan was gardening on his property when he spotted a four-foot-long rattlesnake. He beheaded her with a shovel - but when he later wanted to dispose of the animal, the severed head bit him.
According to media reports, a relatively large amount of the snake venom got into his body. The man became seriously ill and had to be flown to a hospital by helicopter, where he was given several doses of an antidote. A week after the bite, his condition was stable again. The snake is said to have been a Texas rattlesnake.
The incident is probably not as rare as one might think. As with many other reptiles, a snake's reflexes function for hours after it dies. The bite reflex is particularly pronounced in poisonous snakes: Their hunting tactic is to bite extremely quickly and then withdraw and wait for the poison to take effect. The Texan experienced first hand that this can happen hours after the animal's death.
A snake's body often writhes around for some time after it dies, explains Bruce Jayne, a biology professor at the University of Cincinnati. The reflex behind it works in a similar way to headless chickens that can still run around for a short time, he says. The nervous system of some animals is simply programmed to perform certain movements without a signal from the brain.
- How does TikTok pay
- What happens to emotionally abused victims
- How is Hotstar free with Jio
- Which welding is best cheap
- Have Cuban Aborigines Really Disappeared?
- Why do Siamese cat eyes turn red
- How much protein does Greek yogurt contain?
- How soft should baked sweet potatoes be?
- What was your worst banking experience
- How is the Log4j properties file read
- What is 1 2 1 3x3
- What are some simple explanations for autism
- What is a Procurement Certificate
- How does Gerrymandering disenfranchise the voters?
- When does the tailgating start for you?
- Magnesium affects prescription drugs
- How can you find real Chelsea fans?
- Why has the Catholic liturgy changed?
- What are Sunday Schools
- Why is iodine good for our thyroid gland
- Why is networking important in social work
- Which subject in retail gives better grades
- What's the best way to reverse insulin
- How would you rate Oliver Stone
- Is MDF good for furniture
- What can you do new on Bloomberg
- Weak isospin is always preserved
- Do men really love being married?
- What are pop-tops and RV trailers
- The future looks dark for humanity
- What simple things do you think about
- What is an example of a square
- The laser periodontal therapy LANAP is worthwhile
- Why are introverts very attractive