How do plant cells communicate
When plants communicate with each other
Plants don't speak like we do, but through chemical substances that they give off through leaves and roots. These messenger substances reach other plants in the vicinity through the air or the soil. Scientists are finding out more and more about how sophisticated and sophisticated this chemical communication is.
Plants warn of tight spaces
The message from maize plants in the current study by the University of Uppsala in Sweden could be in human language: "Pretty close here. Someone nudges me all the time. So neighboring plants, think carefully about where you are growing."
Touch is an important signal for plants
In the study, the researchers simulated touching the leaves of different maize plants and were able to show that the maize plants notice when they are touched. In previous studies it had already been shown with other plants such as tomatoes or herbs that touching them influences the growth of the plants. They change the metabolism.
Seedlings like it undisturbed
With their experiments on maize plants, the researchers have now been able to show that the roots of plants that are often touched also emit chemical signals. These substances are transferred through the soil and through moisture. So the plants not only perceive that they are being touched, they also talk about the roots. And the plants in the area react.
- How do I not go anywhere
- What is a nihilistic view of knowledge
- How do you invest in ICOs
- How can you find real Chelsea fans?
- Should I chew aspirin for faster results
- What is the forecast of the market for biofertilizers
- What was President Ronald Reagan's biggest mistake?
- Provides Internshala with free certificates
- How do I get over backflip fear
- What is the CHR function in Excel
- Hows Akash Institute for IIT JEE
- Should BTS release a song in English
- Build a reliable system on Google AppEngine
- Which country is more expensive residential or industrial country
- How big is the big hadron collider
- What is corpse research
- What happened before the story
- How safe is Mumbai for girls
- How can I fail any more
- The Federal Reserve is hackable
- What is intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm
- Is it hard to learn Korean hangul
- What is the meaning of the Prandtl number?
- What can I do about high potassium levels?
- What are the exhibition fees at KIIT
- Why is cloud telephony only for companies?
- What was your worst banking experience
- OBD 2 CODES
- How is Karelian different from Finnish
- How to preserve flowers with hairspray
- Why should we embrace winter
- What is the meaning of immersed
- What are some simple explanations for autism
- How do galaxies get their shapes