Are torpedoes still a current armament?
One-man torpedo "Negro"
This device, on display in the Technik Museum Speyer, is a typical example of the improvisations that the German armaments industry was forced to perform during World War II as the war went on. For the soldiers, every mission was a suicide mission. We only drove at night. Only a few crews survived. The Kiel-Eckernförde torpedo research institute was in charge of the development of the one-man torpedoes. First, two German standard torpedoes of the type G7e were simply hung one below the other, whereby the upper torpedo was not given an explosive device but a cabin for a driver. This sat under a plexiglass hood, which gave him relatively good visibility in all directions. With the exception of the torpedo, the vehicle was unarmed and non-submersible. The driver shot the torpedo down with a simple rear sight.
Because of the black paint and the name of one of its developers, Colonel Richard Mohr, this device was called "Neger". A total of around 200 “negroes” were built from 1943 onwards. The successes were, however, small. According to investigations carried out after the war, the “negroes” were responsible for three mine clearers, one destroyer and damage to a cruiser and a destroyer. The great difficulties with this primitive weapon soon led to a larger, submersible version called the "Marder" as seen in the museum. Here the submersible is slightly larger than the attached torpedo. The marten was used, among other things, against the Allied landing forces in Normandy.
Year of construction: from 1944 | Water displacement: 5 to (with torpedo) | Length: 8.3 m - Width: 0.5 m | Motor: 12 HP electric motor | Speed: 4-6 knots | Cruising range: 48 nautical miles at 4 knots | Crew: 1 man | Armament: 1 torpedo type G7e
- What did Aristotle think of work
- What is the English meaning of gobar
- Why is Jennifer Lawrence so amazing
- Can I buy gold in Costa Rica
- Why are narcissists ruthless
- Does Google Duo work on an iPhone
- Who gives internet service in Perundurai
- Who is the greatest blacksmith in history
- IITRAM is good for other government students
- Are there tabs for harmonica players
- Where can I read about Tamil literature?
- Who is Adams Smith
- GlaxoSmithKline is recruiting biotechnology engineers
- RimWorld is a strategy game
- Are IQ scores a success factor?
- What environmental pollutants affect mental health
- How is BITS Dubai for an MBA
- Who was the first narcissist
- How can I change my social situation?
- Are Umbrella Armory Airsoft Guns Worth It?
- How can i use c online
- Do you like your nose
- What are some dairy free pancake recipes
- Is there a relationship that cannot be saved