How were email services developed
The history of email
In 1965, what is believed to be the first e-mail system "Mailbox" was used at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the USA. The colleagues at the institute were able to leave each other messages on their computers, which were displayed again the next time they logged in.
The first email as we know it today was sent by Ray Tomlinson in 1971: he chose the @ sign to separate the local part from the domain and sent himself a message. The first e-mail address in the world was created: “tomlinson @ bbntenexa”.
In 1984 the first email was received in Germany. Michael Rotert from the University of Karlsruhe received an email from the USA at his email address "rotert @ germany" that was sent the day before. The greeting from an American colleague was: “Welcome to CSNET! Michael, this is your official welcome to CSNET. " At that time, CSNET was an American platform that was used for electronic communication between scientists.
In the 1990s the Internet became popular and the first webmail provider went online in 1996. From now on, anyone with Internet access could create their own email address. Even then, around 1 million users had registered by the end of the year. A short time later, WEB.DE also made it possible to set up your own e-mail address.
Today, e-mail has become an indispensable part of everyday life: messages to friends or colleagues, contacts, photos, etc. - all this and much more can be sent by e-mail with just a few clicks - within seconds instead of the previous one Within 24 hours. E-mail has become one of the most important means of communication today.
If this tip helped you, you can rate it below. We are looking forward to your feedback!
177 people have found this article helpful.
This article was helpful
This article was not helpfulThank you for your feedback!
The younger generation's e-mail usage
Create personalized email addresses for the team
Phishing Emails - Examples & Features
April 15, 2021
"Digital copy": Received letters as e-mail attachments
How to clean up your blacklist!
"Smart Mailbox": This is how the email categories work
March 24, 2021
Current: WEB.DE can deliver the contents of letters by email on request
Watch out: this is a "hoax"!
What is a "noreply email"?
WEB.DE mailbox: No more e-mails sent via integrated collection service addresses
- Which are the best merchandising companies
- What are the best restaurants in Muzaffarnagar
- How is walnut oil used
- What is the Legion of Mary
- Why do some bronzes hate starlight mica
- What is the average RV rental
- What is Norway best kept secret
- What causes bumps on the legs
- What can you do with elderberry
- Are you afraid of tomorrow
- Why is Melaleuca bad
- How are the share prices determined
- What did patience teach you
- I would make a fool of myself
- Where can I play basketball in Amsterdam
- What's the worst Trump company
- Piranhas attack crocodiles
- What exactly did Dr. Jack Kevorkian done
- What College Students Should Learn About Git
- What are sanitary tools
- How can California forest fangs survive
- What makes South Indians like software jobs
- Which sleeping pills are not addictive
- Do data errors affect the results of the climate model?