There is crime in Alaska
The most dangerous states in the United States
In recent years, the United States has seen its crime rate rise. Crime within the country increased, not only in the large metropolitan areas, but also in rural areas. Alarming statistics were generated in the most unlikely places during this time. Below we will discuss the exact numbers regarding recent crime rates in the United States.
The highest ranking status
The state of Alaska has seen a general increase in violent crime in recent years. Alaska currently has a rate of 804.2 violent crime per 100,000 people. FBI studies have shown that while crimes like robbery and homicide have decreased, crimes like rape and aggravated assault have increased. In Alaska in particular, an influx of serious attacks is said to be responsible for the increase in violent crime. However, the reasons behind these spikes are more difficult to decipher, although poverty and lack of access to services due to Alaska's remote location have both been accused.
As in Alaska, the number of violent crimes is increasing in New Mexico. Crime in Albuquerque, the most populous city in the country, is believed to be the driving force behind this surge. It has been said that an order that allowed the courts to move faster through the courts could be responsible for this increase. At the moment, New Mexico's crime rate stands at 702.5 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Nevada has the second highest violent crime rate in the country, with 678.1 violent crimes per 100,000. Unfortunately, rape is also another large component of the violent crime rate in Nevada. Violent crimes in Nevada have historically been higher than the rest of the country.
Is Violent Crime Up Or Down In The United States?
When searching for crime data in the US, there are two main sources that are worth tapping into. The first is the National Crime Survey and the other is the crime reported to the FBI.
According to the FBI, violent crimes reported in recent years have declined overall. Violent crimes include murder and rape, as well as robbery and assault. The real estate crime figures also show that the latest report saw a 7.5 percent decrease.
National crime study
The National Crime Survey also reported that violent crime has been falling recently. This report says that violent crime in the United States has fallen from 79.8 to just 20.1 for every 1,000 people.
Of course, while these numbers tell their story, it can be said that many crimes - even most of the crimes - go unreported. At least 50 percent of violent crimes and 40 percent of property crimes are not reported to the police. This is because the victims think the matter is personal or because the victim thinks that the police cannot resolve the matter. It is not always clear whether a low crime rate is due to a low tendency to report crime (or if a high crime rate is due to a common tendency to report crime).
Find a detailed report on violent crime rates for each of the states listed below. Please note that all data is from the FBI's Crime Report in the United States.
Violent Crime Rate by State
- View information as:
|rank||Status||Violent crime rate per 100,000 population|
Author: Rudolph Pena
Rudolph Pena is a 33 year old journalist. Typical food geek. Organizer. Coffee advocate. Troublemaker. Hipster friendly beer fan. Zombie specialist. Travel fanatic. Writer. TV expert.
- Are there good fathers
- How does the air cooling condenser work
- What makes peregrine falcons such amazing birds
- Were colonists entitled to rebel against Britain?
- How can I find isomers easily
- What are some movies similar to Speak
- What is the culture like around skateboarding
- Why do we tingle while watching ASMR
- Should one buy foreclosed houses for sale
- How did BTS members discover each other
- Flightless birds have feathers
- Why is the user not answering my question
- How do anesthesiologists get people to sleep?
- Repair therapy should be banned nationally
- What is the treatment for major depression
- Schools receive funding for IEP
- Why are cybersecurity services necessary
- Can I reset my reward system?
- What would you like to talk about
- In which state is Washington DC located
- How is electricity generated from waves 3
- Can Trump survive the latest scandal?
- How sigma bonds are formed
- What's the next model from Tesla