How soil compaction causes soil erosion
Bavarian State Office for
Soils are subject to increased usage pressure. On the one hand people need food and various raw materials, on the other hand they need space for living space, leisure areas, traffic and industry. This increases the quality of life.
However, there are many dangers for the soil and ultimately also for the environment and people.
Soil erosion and soil compaction
Nowadays, instead of intensive agriculture, there is an increasing trend towards sustainable agriculture. Nevertheless, attempts are still being made to get everything out of the ground. There is a risk of soil erosion and soil compaction due to incorrect cultivation methods, for example monoculture. Here the farmer is asked to find suitable cultivation methods and thus to increase the quality of the soil, humus and soil life.
In the past, forestry relied on fast-growing tree species (conifers), as the demand for wood was great. Many a fertile soil has been transformed into acidic, nutrient-poor soil where only a few adapted plant species can grow. In the meantime, the coniferous forests are gradually being converted into sustainable, species-rich mixed forests.
The construction of traffic routes, houses and industrial sites irretrievably destroys soil. There used to be little thought about this. Meanwhile, there is also a rethinking.
In Bavaria, for example, there has been an alliance for space saving since 2003. Nevertheless, 16.4 hectares of soil are currently being built in Bavaria every day: In view of this rate of surface sealing, each individual is asked to plan and manage as space-saving as possible.
The emission of pollutants from traffic, industry and households can also have a negative impact on the soil. Pollutants from the air can reach the ground through rain.
This not only has an impact on our food or groundwater, but also on the flora and fauna in and on the ground.
Furthermore, there are also threats to the soil from climate change. For example, a soil can dry out due to the lack of regular rainfall.
Did you know?
- 71% of the earth's surface is covered with water and only 29% is land
- that already 25% of the mainland consists of desert
- 80 hectares of new space are built in Germany every day
- Why is my website always being redirected
- What is linoleum made of
- What are some examples of biology
- How do I deactivate a pinterest account
- Should homeschooling be banned in your country
- Has Intel really replaced Itanium with Xeon
- Influences the grammar of rap songs
- Believe in the layer theory
- Is there an invisible light
- Are airports private or state
- When did Sachin Tendulkar meet Phil Hughes
- How to Learn Gregorian Chant
- What does PPA mean legally
- What are some notable startups
- What makes an advertising campaign successful
- Should countries invest in nuclear weapons
- Why does gravity create waves
- What is the roadmap for NEO
- Every brain works differently
- Do you like Russell Brand
- How do you say stay in Romanian
- How many Muslims support Anjem Choudary
- Is Donald Trump into boofing
- Why are Honda bikes so reliable