Where does Linux store cached DNS
How to view and clear the Bind DNS server cache on Linux
Show cacheA configured Domain Name Service (DNS) server such as Bind may store previously resolved domain names in a local cache. By default, the cached records are saved for 7 days. The cache can be reused for future domain name resolutions. First, let's see how we can view all of the cached domain name resolutions: # rndc dumpdb -cache The above command saves the cache of the binding. If you cannot find this file after running the above command, check your server's configuration files to see the location of the cache dump file. To view cached DNS records simply or the resulting dump file. For example: # grep gnu.org /var/named/data/cache_dump.db gnu.org. 86358 NS ns1.gnu.org. 86358 NS ns2.gnu.org. 86358 NS ns3.gnu.org. ns1.gnu.org. 86358 A 18.104.22.168 ns2.gnu.org. 86358 A 22.214.171.124 ns3.gnu.org. 86358 A 126.96.36.199
clear cacheThe following Linux commands will help you if you want to clear your bind server's cache. First empty all cache entries: # rndc flush As soon as you are done, reload bind: # rndc reload server reload successful If after clearing the cache of the binding and reloading the DNS, no DNS queries have occurred, your new cache dump file empty: # rndc dumpdb -cache # cat /var/named/data/cache_dump.db; ; Start view _default; ; ; Cache dump of view '_default' (cache _default); $ DATE 20160824004622; ; Address database dump; ; ; Unassociated entries; ; ; Bad cache; ; ; Start view _bind; ; ; Cache dump of view '_bind' (cache _bind); $ DATE 20160824004622; ; Address database dump; ; ; Unassociated entries; ; ; Bad cache; ; Dump complete
Something like that
- Why didn't rugby spread across Europe?
- What is the process of reverse osmosis
- Can you name a few good emo singers
- What are the adjustments for survival
- How did you manage to be normal
- How can i get photoshop
- Keys to the success of an agile manifesto
- When is a product sustainable?
- What are good suggestions for anime
- Are admission courses legal
- How good are NestAway rental apartments
- Is PCl3F2 polar or non-polar
- How often do you need sex
- Can denature enzymes from the cold
- Is eosin acidic or basic
- What is the Best Source for Learning Apigee
- Nice places to visit in Nepal
- Where do phones go that have been swapped for upgrades?
- How do I improve my translation?
- Does the summer sausage go bad
- Who is Amazon's ISP
- Evils of pure evil are always boring
- What are the benefits of outside recruiting
- How quickly can the weather change