What is darshan
What is the result of God's darshan?
Darshan means to be (or feel) in the presence of God (or the sacred). The power of darshan is extraordinary and can transform the heart.
This is what happened to SS Cohen during the first darshan Sri Ramana Maharishi .
I was alone with him in the hall. Joy and peace filled my being - such a delightful feeling of purity and wellbeing just being around a man I had never had before. My spirit was already in deep consideration of him - he not as flesh, although it was exquisitely shaped and presented, but as an insubstantial principle that could make itself felt so profoundly despite the handicap of a heavy material vehicle.
The sun naturally gives off light, similar to how the great masters give off energy due to their realization, this energy can be received by the seekers. Just as the earth receives sunlight from the sun, but a cloud can cover that light from the sun, the disciple can also receive the energy from the guru, but some undesirable karmas and tendencies prevent this. Therefore, not all of them get the same result from darshan. So cleaning is important.
But this doesn't necessarily have to happen to everyone. Not everyone has the same influence on the darshan of a yogi, saint, avatar, or god. Different types of devotees achieve different results for darshan.
After this book "What is Hinduism?" From From The Editors Of Hinduism Today:
Darshan is the vibration that emanates from the enlightened soul as a result of its inner attainment, be it a yogi, a pundit, a swami, a guru or a rishi.
Darshan from a great soul, like the pollen of flowers, can stimulate healthy sneezing and cleansing when the subconscious is clogged.
The Guru's darshan removes repressed unconscious patterns that have come out of the flow of the cosmic pattern of regenerative life.
Basically, darshan is like entering a strong flowing river or diving into the ocean. Just as the flow of water cleanses the body of all impurities, the flow of energy / vibrations of the Lord / Sadhu floods the Sadhaka's mind and removes all unnecessary tendencies, negative feelings, etc.
These are the bhaktas who believe that seeing God (or having his darshan) should bring them some benefit (as if seeing him in itself is not an advantage!).
Sri Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita 7:16 that there are four such devotees:
O best of the Bharatas, four kinds of pious men begin to render devotional service to Me - the afflicted, the desire for riches, the curious, and the one who seeks knowledge of the Absolute.
The result of having his darshan corresponds to the desire the devotee has.
- Those affected experience great healing, their illnesses are reduced or even eliminated!
- The desire for wealth receives wealth, it receives the necessary wealth and possessions or whatever it is seeking.
- The curious get their doubts cleared and they get mental satisfaction.
- The one who seeks knowledge of the absolute gets it :).
How much disease is eliminated, how many doubts are cleared, how much wealth is obtained, how much knowledge is obtained about the self, depends on various factors such as the karma of the individual, the degree of realization / devotion of the devotee and of course the Grace of God :) :)
But that's all only if you want something from this darshan. What if you don't want anything in return for Darshan of The One?
These bhaktas do not want anything from the Lord. Truly, having darshan is her purpose, journey, and destination. The beginning is darshan, the middle is darshan and the end is also darshan.
If you already have what you want (to be in God's presence) what else do you need? That is their attitude.
An example of such a devotee is Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu :
Sri Chaitanya Deva says in Sri Sikshastakam text 8:
I do not know anyone but Krishna as my Lord, and he will remain so if he treats me roughly with his hug or breaks me because he is not there in front of me. He is completely free to do anything and everything because he is always unconditionally my adoring Lord.
There are no desires and no conditions in this devotion, so darshan is constant and always uninterrupted, with no need for any good or bad results.
Sri Swami Sivananda mentioned in Bhakti Yoga:
Whatever you want, the Lord will surely give you when your bhakti is intense and when your prayers are offered sincerely with all your heart. But you will not get supreme satisfaction, immortality and moksha through sakamya bhakti.
Strive for Nishkamya Bhakti. Your heart will be purified and divine grace will descend on you. Be in fellowship with the Lord, you will become one with the Lord and you will enjoy all divine aisvaryas (divine attributes such as wisdom, renunciation, power, etc.). All the vibhutis (particular forms in which the Lord manifests himself) of the Lord that he will give you. He will give you darshan. He will help you live in him. At the same time he will also give you all the divine aisvaryas.
In other words, the one who desires nothing from God but God Himself, this devotee of the Lord, is already liberated, already realized and already in the truth. Because he is in the highest bliss, he doesn't need anything else.
For such bhaktas, every moment is darshan. Indeed, the connection with such bhaktas is darshan to other devotees! All the best.
- Is astrology credible in India?
- Why are many Scottish football fans racist?
- Does Ontario have any natural disasters
- There are waterfalls in New Jersey
- What is cardiac excitability
- How do you teach yourself Finnish?
- Is there a moon with an atmosphere
- Evils of pure evil are always boring
- Why is exercise important
- What is a SWOP proof
- What is drawing and what is design
- How has science influenced the modern world
- Is homeschooling good for developing countries?
- What are the new features in Iphone11
- Will codpieces ever be fashionable again?
- How is Excel used in management consulting
- How was Palantir as a startup
- What can you do new on Bloomberg
- How can I download 3D songs
- Are obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety
- How do you check divisibility by 97
- How do I defeat my love rival
- Do the Bahamas have earthquakes or tsunamis
- Are there prejudices when hiring older women?
- Was slavery mainly an African phenomenon?
- What is the VAT payment
- What is NextGen EHR
- What's the most creative wedding you've attended
- Who is the fastest character in Marvel
- Why is spiritual warfare painful
- How fast can The Flash run 1
- There is a bear market
- What does the Fitbit Sleep Score mean