How could the sports racket be improved
Checking in baggage: what belongs in the hold on the aircraft?
Here you will find information on the most common utensils that you often take with you on trips. For unusual items, it is best to contact your airline. This also applies to unusual travel destinations or those outside the EU.
What should I have in my checked baggage?
- Razor blades
- Toy guns and commercially available toys that could potentially be used as a weapon
- Sports rackets and other sports and leisure equipment that can be used as a weapon
- Knitting needles
- Other sharp objects such as knives, nail scissors, handle combs and syringes - the latter may be permitted in individual cases if there is medical necessity and a corresponding medical certificate.
Allowed baggage allowance
How much baggage allowance you can take on board depends, among other things, on the duration of the trip and the destination. These regulations also change from time to time and also differ from airline to airline. It is best to get the necessary information well in advance of your trip.
When traveling by charter flight with a duration of up to 28 days, up to 20 kilograms of baggage allowance per person are carried in most cases. For more than 28 days, selected airlines allow up to 30 kilograms per person and often up to 20 kilograms of baggage allowance for small children under two years of age. The so-called piece concept applies to trips to the USA, Mexico and the Caribbean: two pieces of luggage weighing up to 32 kilograms each.
Sports and special baggage
Strollers and buggies as well as child car seats do not have to be registered and are usually free of charge. Various small-sized and light-weight sports equipment are also transported by many airlines at no additional charge.
Particularly bulky goods such as surfboards or bicycles must be registered in good time and also cost a flat rate. Golf and diving luggage is often free. A special transfer to the hotel may have to be organized on site. Important for sailors: Life jackets with carbon dioxide cartridges also usually have to be registered in advance, some airlines refuse to take them with you altogether.
Depending on the airline, an animal weighing up to five kilograms with the necessary vaccinations and health certificates is allowed into the cabin. The animal is transported in a cabin box or a watertight, lockable and air-permeable bag, which may be a maximum of 55 x 40 x 20 centimeters.
If the animal is heavier than five kilograms, it must fly in a box in the luggage compartment. You can buy or borrow the boxes from pet shops or airlines.
- China is imprisoning innocent Canadians
- Homelessness can affect your personality
- What have your parents been hiding from you
- Is coffee a bean
- I need details about the UPES scholarship
- Does sugar affect the intestinal flora
- What actually is MIT Media Lab
- Which parts of chess regularly confuse beginners?
- Why is beer more expensive than soda
- What makes music sexy
- What's causing my headache
- What makes Royal Ascot so special
- What is the simplest branch among engineers
- What is the information of the generic
- Double-tinted milk is healthy
- Beijing is more advanced than Shanghai
- What is Accounting Beta
- What is Cardi B's most successful song
- How is Hinduism described
- What are the different markets in business
- Why are people afraid of Hillary Clinton
- Who is the famous Indian mathematician
- Why is my dog not growing