What became of Einstein's daughter
Short biography: Lieserl Einstein-Maric
* January 1902 Novi Sad (Neusatz), Hungary, †?
In the 80s, sensational, private Einstein letters reached the public, from which it emerges that Albert Einstein had an illegitimate daughter with his former fellow student Mileva Maric.
At the end of January 1902, when Einstein was in Bern, Mileva gave birth to a girl at her parents' home in Novi Sad. From the contents of the letters one can guess that the birth was difficult. Probably the girl was baptized. Her official first name is unknown. Only the name "Lieserl" can be found in the letters that have been received.
The further path of Lieserl's life has not yet been finally clarified. Michele Zackheim comes to the conclusion in her book, "Einstein's Daughter", that Lieserl was mentally handicapped from birth and lived with Mileva's family. She is also convinced that Lieserl died in September 1903 as a result of a scarlet fever infection.
However, the above letters also suggest that Lieserl was given up for adoption after she was born.
In a letter from Einstein dated September 19, 1903 to Mileva, Lieserl was mentioned for the last time. After that you won't hear anything from Lieserl Einstein-Maric.
The reasons why Albert Einstein and Mileva Maric did not have their daughter after the birth should not be explained in more detail here.
Even today there is no evidence that Albert Einstein ever saw his daughter.
Copyright © 2000-2018 Hans-Josef Küpper. All rights reserved. | imprint
- Which is the youngest city in Europe
- Supports Windows 10 Miracast
- Why do we need self-actualization
- What is the advanced audio coding used for?
- What is GridFS in MongoDB
- What is a bad LSAT score
- Is Pakistan safe for Brazilian tourists
- What are the best brands of whey
- If 3x 15 what is x 12
- How does the IMF make money
- How do you learn household chores
- What tools are used by graphic designers
- What is a liberal party
- How fast can time move in dreams
- What was the biggest technical interview mistake
- What makes DUI difficult
- Does the Pomodoro Technique work for you
- What is the former name of Namibia
- 3,000 luxury cars are good
- How did Hitler remove all political parties
- Who was Babar's grandfather
- Psychological stress causes PCOS
- What is a metallic glass
- Is it hard to play chess