Why is my PaintTool SAI so small
Computer graphics have recently become increasingly popular. Even if you don't make any money doing it, many people just want to learn how to draw on a computer. It's one thing to draw on paper and quite another - on a computer. This process has a number of undeniable advantages, but don't forget about the difficulties.
Most artists use special graphics tablets connected to a computer for this purpose. Drawing on such a device is very simple, almost the same as drawing on a sheet of paper. Many newbies and fans are afraid of the high cost and want to learn how to draw with the mouse.
How I make it right? What is needed for this? What features can you encounter? You will get answers to these questions by reading the prepared material.
The benefits of drawing on a computer
Why draw on the computer in general? Finally, you can safely manage a sheet of paper, and then scan the drawing. However, computer graphics have a number of undeniable advantages:
- Accessibility of work equipment. All you need is a computer and a special program - a graphics editor. Here there is no need to consider the specifics of paints or pens, buy them and make sure they don't end on time.
- The ability to quickly fix some bugs. When you notice a mistake on a paper drawing, it is often almost impossible to correct it. So you have to draw everything from the beginning. With digital drawing, everything is corrected with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Unfounded external factors. Digital drawing does not burn out in the sun, it is not spoiled by a child or a pet.
Preparing to draw with the mouse
Before you start drawing on your computer with your mouse, you should do a little preparation. To do this, you need to install a reliable mouse, a quality pad, and a graphics editor. Let's take a closer look at the individual points.
- Mouse. It should ideally be large and massive, with very precise cursor positioning. She has to react immediately to every movement. Since drawing is a long process, the mouse should be comfortable to hold and not cause discomfort. Of course, you shouldn't expect a high-quality accessory to be cheap. If you want high results - be ready to spend more.
- Carpet. Many manufacturers offer a range of professional graphic designer carpets. They are carefully calculated and the material is used in such a way that it does not overwrite over time and looks like new for a long time.
- Graphics editor. There are graphic editors for professionals and beginners. There are also programs for vector and raster graphics. Some are completely free, while others cost a substantial amount. Some are pre-installed in the operating system, while most are downloaded and installed. The most popular editors are Microsoft Paint, Adobe Photoshop, Gimp and Paint Tool SAI.
Graphic editors for computers
Basics of the basics
As mentioned earlier, drawing with the mouse offers a number of functions. Let's highlight some of them.
- It is best to choose the paintbrush tool to create a drawing. Perhaps someone will say that this is not the best choice, but with their help, it is the easiest way to get the results you want. Incidentally, most editors have the option of setting the stiffness and the degree of pressure as well as the transparency. This function can be easily used in Photoshop and SAI Paint Tool, for example. Thanks to this mouse, drawing is much more convenient than using the same pencil, which results in much stiffer lines.
- Since, unlike a tablet, there is no way to adjust the pressure of the drawing tool, it is better to use an eraser with low opacity to smooth the edges and outlines of the drawing. This will reduce the sharpness of the lines. Most graphics tablets are supported by both Photoshop and AIS.
- Do not try to draw outlines with a long line. Follow the many small clicks to apply short strokes. Also note that you often have to switch between tools and their settings and menu items. In order not to waste time, try to bring this ability into automatism. And if you really need to hold a long straight line, then use a special tool that will greatly facilitate your fate.
- If you have already tried making drawings on a computer in AIS or another editor, you have probably noticed that drawing lines is very difficult. They're constantly being bent, made bumpy, and if necessary, they'll paint something - it's not that easy to get in the right place. In this case, you can use the zoom tool. The larger you increase the value, the more precisely you can adjust the image borders. Switch between normal view and zoom to perfect the picture.
- How do I start learning? It is clear that in the SAI you don't get complicated pictures from the first time, you need to have a hand. First of all, try to represent simple drawings, for which the use of ordinary geometric figures will be enough. For example, draw a Christmas tree or a snowman. After studying the symmetrical arrangement of elements and contours, fill in the color. It is better not to use the fill tool, but to paint over it manually with a brush. Then you can do the finishing touches as well as add shadows and all sorts of little things. There are many tutorials for beginners on YouTube.
- You will have less trouble if you sketch your drawing on a regular sheet of paper at least in advance. In addition, the experience of ordinary drawing will also be useful to you.
In order not to exceed the boundaries of the pattern while painting, select the area where you want to change the color, and then continue painting.
- If you fail manually at all, there is an alternative, and a fairly convenient one. Draw the outline on paper, scan the image or take a high quality photo and open the finished file in AIS or Photoshop. Then draw lines, change their thickness and add colors. By the way, in many editors, e.g. For example, in Photoshop or SAI Paint Tool, create good drawings this way as any changes are applied in the form of layers which can then be easily removed.
How to draw in different graphic editors
- Download and install the program if you don't already have it on your computer to create an image in Photoshop. We recommend that you purchase a licensed copy. However, if the high cost puts you off, search the internet for hacked versions. But keep in mind that if the repackaging quality is poor, the program will not work properly and some features may be missing.
- Start the program, create a new file. This can be done either via the File - New menu or by pressing the key combination Ctrl + N. In the pop-up window you will be asked to select the size and resolution of the image. The higher the value, the longer and more difficult it will be to create a drawing in Photoshop.
- Take a look at the work area: on the right you can see several toolbars where you can choose the color and background and work with layers. On the left you will see a menu for selecting work tools. In the upper part of the program menu you can use some options of the selected tool.
- Click the Create Layer button on the right side of the screen, select the Paintbrush or Pencil tool on the left, and at the top select the type and thickness of the line.
- Create an image in Photoshop and save it in a folder on your hard drive.
Adobe Photoshop CS4
Paint tool SAI
- Download and install the Paint Tool SAI program. The program is paid for so either buy it or download the hacked version if you can't pay.
- Run the SAI Paint Tool and create a new drawing. This function is no different from other graphic editors. So you can either press File - New or Ctrl + N on the keyboard.
- SAI Paint Tool asks for the desired image size and file format. Depending on your wishes and needs, select the required parameters.
- Create a new layer in the SAI paint toolbar on the left side of the screen, then select the drawing tool you want and start the process.
- Save the picture in a directory on your hard drive.
The easiest way to work with this editor is that it has minimal functionality. The program has one undeniable advantage - you don't have to worry about finding and installing a working version because the editor is standard and built into the system by default. How to draw in paint
- Find the program in the Start menu on a Windows computer.
- When the working window opens, you will see a small white rectangle and there are special markings on the side and in the corner.
- Drag these handles to resize the image. The actual size is shown at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Home tab in the top menu bar, select the drawing tool you want, e.g. B. a brush or pencil.
- When you have finished making changes, save the file.
Drawing a mouse on a computer can be quite difficult at first, but after training you will become entranced by the process and be able to create real masterpieces in Photoshop or SAI. Let us know in the comments which program you are using.
- Which Pixar movie has the best soundtrack?
- Are Weber grills worth it
- What are spinning bicycles
- Why is gasoline expensive in some countries
- How is the petrochemical industry at UIT RGPV
- Meditation throws out my gas problem
- What does a mosquito heart look like
- What is the Altstadtstrasse
- How good is Azure
- Tank Girl is worth watching
- What does the name iPhone mean
- What's next after the algo trade
- Can I get a different phone number?
- Can I cancel a SEMrush free trial?
- How does money flow electronically
- How do you meet CIA agents
- What are some interesting proverbs in Bengali
- What causes Pseudomonas in the urine
- Who's black in Little Mix
- Why is god worship stupid?
- What are you
- Where should I sell infographics
- Parents should be strict
- What is special about Canada