Who is powerful Glaurung or Smaug
The Dragon were bred by Morgoth and used by him in the wars against the people of Beleriand. Glaurung was considered the father of dragons. The biggest dragon, however, was Ancalagon the Black.
The dragons were of Morgoth's discipline in the First Age, which he raised in the depths of Angband. The first dragon was Glaurung, the great worm.
During Morgoth's attack on Gondolin, dragons from Glaurung's brood were sent out for the first time, and by then they had become numerous and terrible.
In the War of Wrath, when Morgoth was nearly defeated by the Valar, he first sent out winged dragons that had never been seen before. They brought a storm of fire with them, and with them came thunder and lightning. The Valar almost completely annihilated the dragons, destroyed Angband, and captured Morgoth. According to Tolkien, the dragons haven't completely disappeared. So he wrote in a letter dated April 25, 1954 Naomi Mitchison: 'Dragons. They hadn't stopped; because they were still active much later, almost up to our time. Did I say something that might indicate the end of the dragons? If so, then it should be changed. The only passage I can think of is Vol. I, p. 84: "Now there is no longer a kite in which the fire would be hot enough". But that means, I think, that there are still dragons, even if no longer of full, primeval growth. '
After the fall of Beleriand, the last dragons lived in the dry heath and in the Ered Mithrin. They terrified the areas and drove the dwarves from there. Probably the last living dragon of Middle-earth died with Smaug, otherwise the dragons would have had to participate in the War of the Ring, as they were obliged to be loyal to Sauron, because he was the "successor" of Morgoth.
Since the dragons differed in their appearance, they were divided into the following types:
Some of the dragons had the magic to influence the will of the weaker ones. In addition, the dragon fire was so strong that it could even melt the Rings of Power, except for the One Ring. Four of the Seven Rings of the Dwarfs were destroyed in this way.
Tolkien and the dragons
Tolkien loved green kites even as a child. In a letter dated June 7, 1955 W. H. Auden he wrote:
'I first tried to write a story when I was about seven. I don't know anything about it except for a philological detail. My mother said nothing about the kite, but explained to me that one could not say "a big green kite", but rather it had to say "a big green kite". I wondered why and still wonder. ' 
Tolkien's poem "The Visiting Dragon" is about a green dragon, and in some of his drawings the dragons are also green.
In an essay "On Fairy Tales" Tolkien wrote that as a child he "longed for dragons with all his heart. That doesn't mean that with my timid body I would have wanted them as a neighbor, because of course I didn't want them in mine relatively safe world collapsed. [...] But a world that already contained the idea of Fáfnir (dragon figure from the Nordic mythology of the Liederedda) was so much richer and more beautiful, despite all the danger. " 
- ↑Humphrey Carpenter: J. R. R. Tolkien letters, letter 163, page 282f., Translator: Wolfgang Krege, 2002
- ↑J. R. R. Tolkien; Douglas A. Anderson: The Great Hobbit Book, Chapter "XIV: Fire and Water, Page 323", Translator: Wolfgang Krege, 2012
- ↑J. R. R. Tolkien; Douglas A. Anderson: The Great Hobbit Book, Chapter "XIV: Fire and Water, Page 322", Translator: Wolfgang Krege, 2012
J. R. R. Tolkien: The Silmarillion, translator: Wolfgang Krege
J. R. R. Tolkien: Messages from Middle-earth, Translator: Hans J. Schütz, 2012
J. R. R. Tolkien: The little hobbit, translator: Walter Scherf
- Chapter XIV: fire and water
- Who defined hours, minutes, seconds first
- Tiles absorb heat and reflect it
- What types of information are there
- When is the next Minecraft update?
- What are the best drama schools in the world
- What happens in the Amity aptitude test
- Has Jim Morrison lived with undiagnosed autism
- Glass blowing is a lucrative business
- What do slide assistants do
- How Weight Lifting Burns Fat
- Is fear the reason for theism?
- Starfish have an endoskeleton
- How does a dish work
- What is Walmart's Absence Policy
- Can black people become skinheads?
- What is x if 8x 64 6
- What are some NewSql relational scalable databases
- How good is the Lava Z41 smartphone
- What's your least favorite generation of Pokemon
- What cemented your opinion on Hillary Clinton
- What can i do
- Why are there strikes
- What is Raag and Taal from Mohiniattam
- Are feeding tubes dangerous
- How is Java unsafe
- Who cares most about Daenerys Targaryen?
- What are the dangers of burning styrofoam
- American soldiers know how to parry
- How to extract lard from bacon
- Folk music is becoming increasingly popular
- How exactly is value created in crypto currency
- What is the purpose of recessive genes