Are oven-baked fries unhealthy?
Make french fries healthier
Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside - this is how French fries taste best. "Fries" are popular, but relatively unhealthy - although they are made from potatoes. These consist of a lot of water and few calories, and provide high-quality vegetable protein, vitamins and minerals. But nothing is left of it when the tuber is fried in hot fat and deep-frozen. 100 grams of frozen french fries contain 290 calories, 150 calories prepared in the oven.
Thick, thin and wavy french fries
The shape of the fries affects the taste and consistency:
- Thick fries take longer to become crispy.
- Thin fries are often crispier, but empty on the inside because the potato mixture completely evaporates from the heat.
- Wavy fries have the largest surface. That is why most of the fat sticks to them.
French fries in the oven and hot air fryer
Frozen fries that are prepared in the oven contain less fat than deep-fried fries. But they won't get that crispy because the heat first has to melt the ice cream. An alternative for preparing frozen french fries is a hot air fryer: It does not require any additional oil and even removes some fat from the fries. Overall, however, fries from the hot air fryer have hardly fewer calories than fries from the oven.
Make french fries yourself
Homemade french fries are less greasy and therefore healthier than frozen fries. They'll also get crispy in the oven. To do this, carve one centimeter thick sticks out of waxy potatoes and boil them in salted water for five minutes. The pre-cooking breaks the chains of the potato starch and allows them to be re-linked. This way, the fries will be crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside.
Before cooking the potatoes in the oven, carefully toss them in a plastic bag with a mixture of a little rapeseed oil, salt, pepper and paprika powder. This will wet the potato sticks evenly.
Place the chopsticks on the oven tray and bake at around 250 degrees (convection) for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn halfway through the baking time so that they become evenly crispy.
Prepare french fries from sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes contain more fiber than regular potatoes and almost as much beta-carotene as carrots. But they get soft rather than crispy in the oven. So that they don't get mushy during preparation, sweet potato sticks are dusted with potato starch and a little chili powder. French fries made from sweet potatoes are only salted after baking.
Make mayonnaise yourself
You can easily mix mayonnaise yourself - mix a very soft-boiled egg with a little rapeseed oil, fried mushrooms, mustard, Worcester sauce, lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper. It is free of flavor enhancers, preservatives and stabilizers.
Fast food the healthy way
Fast food is considered fattening food and increases the risk of diseases such as diabetes. Properly prepared and combined, however, it can be part of a balanced diet. more
Oven fries recipe
Less fat - full of flavor: The fries are very easy to make and guaranteed to be a hit with all children. They go well with fresh herbal quark. more
Recipes with potatoes
Potatoes are not only a great side dish, they are also the main ingredient in many delicious dishes. Recipes for hash browns, goulash, salads and much more. more
This topic in the program:
Market | 05/18/2020 | 8:15 pm
- Will self-driving cars really pick up
- What happens if we delete prefetch
- Can a child be a child molester?
- How Do You Overcome an Adderall Addiction
- What is the resistivity of intrinsic silicon
- Why don't motivational videos work
- What are the uses of plant biotechnology
- How can you do less laundry?
- Ammonium chloride is toxic
- What are derived future contracts
- Why is open source a project
- What is the adverb form of unfriendly
- The price of the CCD share will rise
- Why do all CAT toppers recommend AIMCATs
- What is an AC generator
- What are the best blues guitar solos
- Is the health insurance from Apollo Munich good
- There are distance ultramarathons
- In Islam women can wrestle
- How can I write a meaningful apology
- Why are there HINFO data sets
- Where exactly is the plasma membrane located
- What is the most successful conservative policy
- Can you become addicted to learning