What are the side effects of Adderall
Psychostimulant - psychotropic drugs
Adderall, Adderall XR, and Mydayis are combination products that contain four salts of the two enantiomers of amphetamine, a phenethylamine-class central nervous system (CNS) stimulant.
Adderall is used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy (not approved in Germany).
It is also used as a performance enhancer in athletic and cognitive activities, as well as an aphrodisiac and euphoric agent. According to salt content, the active ingredients in Adderall, Adderall XR and Mydayis are 25% levoamphetamine and 75% dextroamphetamine salts.
Adderall is generally well tolerated and effective in treating the symptoms of ADHD and narcolepsy. At therapeutic doses, Adderall causes emotional and cognitive effects such as euphoria, changes in libido, increased alertness, and improved cognitive control.
At these doses, it induces physical effects such as faster reaction time, resistance to fatigue, and increased muscle strength. In contrast, much higher doses of Adderall can impair cognitive control, cause rapid muscle breakdown, or trigger psychosis (e.g., delusions and paranoia).
possible side effects
The side effects of Adderall vary widely between individuals, but the most common are insomnia, dry mouth, and loss of appetite.
Addiction, addiction development
The risk of developing an addiction is negligible when Adderall is used in relatively low daily doses as prescribed, such as in the treatment of ADHD; however, routine use of Adderall at larger daily doses poses a significant addiction risk due to the pronounced amplification effects that are present at higher doses.
Recreational doses of Adderall are generally much larger than prescribed therapeutic doses and carry a far greater risk of serious side effects.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
This information is NOT intended to be a recommendation for any particular drug. Even if these reports, studies, experiences can be helpful, they are no substitute for the experience and expertise of doctors.
- Sectarianism is still widespread in Scotland
- Why do we need a personal plan
- An implanted chip can improve your memory
- Women are taking over the world
- Is a chocolate restaurant project profitable
- What are ear training intervals
- Why do the city lights flicker
- What is the story behind troll dolls
- How can we do social media marketing
- What is a tenth of a mile
- Where was Paterson filmed
- Is war a good thing for emigration?
- Can someone over 50 start programming?
- How do I make an interesting painting
- Why INTEGRATE Google CAPTCHA with PHP
- What are scary music
- Unemployment is a sign of failure
- What's your rating of Wicked Musical
- Which symbol most represents Sudan?
- Which apps should I have
- How do schools deal with gentrification
- How long does a 5000 car last
- The effects of Lyme disease are permanent
- What makes someone one in a million