Who invented the plasma ball?
Plasma balls show a spectacular phenomenon, but what is actually behind it? In this article we want to get to the bottom of the mystery and understand how a plasma ball works.
The plasma lamp was invented in 1892 by Nikola Tesla, to whom we also owe the alternating current. However, it only became really known later, probably most in Germany through the program “Kopfball”, which ended up with a plasma ball as the winner's prize.
In America, the technology was best known through the Exploratorium in San Francisco. The focus of the museum is on teaching natural sciences. The interactive concept is particularly suitable for children and young people. Incidentally, the world's largest plasma ball is in the Swiss Science Center in Switzerland.
They are available in many different variations - from plasma balls to LampeDon to plasma discs. But the functionality always remains the same in the end. In the glass sphere there is a mixture of neon, nitrogen and argon under low pressure.
Together with an oscillator circuit, the transformer generates the necessary alternating current. There is also an electrode in the center of the plasma ball. When the device is switched on, the electrons and ions contained in the gas are accelerated. The fast particles generate friction, which in turn creates the beautiful, optical effect of a plasma lamp. The electrode ensures that the light strips are evenly divided.
If you also want to familiarize yourself with the physical details, you will find further information here.
- Is chestnut growing profitable?
- How do LinkedIn and Pinterest differ?
- What do you think is sexy
- What is the purpose of ventricular couplets
- What are some tips to help combat trichotillomania
- What killed the startup secret
- Emotions are under the control of the brain
- Which channel is La Liga 2019 on
- Is 93 8 bad in the ICSE board
- Are Tetra Paks recyclable
- What are the main types of cheese
- Is fear religions the most powerful power
- What are the two functions of blood
- How often is RAM used for games?
- Which banks do not allow the purchase of crypto currency?
- Why do Hawaiians hate white foreigners
- What are the best community forums for programmers
- What is a metallic glass
- Indian Zoroastrians marry Iranian Zoroastrians
- What do you think of table tennis
- Will HBO have any restrictions now?
- What are examples of non-poisonous tarantulas
- How often are IAF officers transferred?
- What are the dangers of sunbathing
- Pune loses its charm
- Is French spoken more popularly than Spanish
- What is the purpose of a belief system
- Can people be kidnapped?
- What is the life of the mosquito
- What's your favorite gourami
- What is a queue in the data structure
- What is the prison sentence for vigilance
- The Askaholic blog is useful
- What is a computer network card