Can diabetics eat fruit salad
Can you eat too much fruit?
Those who eat a lot of fruit have a healthy diet and provide their body with valuable vitamins, minerals, fiber and secondary plant substances. The unpleasant side effects of excessive consumption of fruits can include a laxative effect.
Too much fruit is generally only dangerous for healthy people if they have an otherwise unbalanced diet. For example, if you hardly consume any other foods besides low-calorie fruits as part of a radical diet, you risk an undersupply of vital nutrients such as fat, proteins and some B vitamins. These substances are not contained in apples and co. In sufficient quantities or not at all, but are urgently needed for a healthy metabolism.
Fruit is therefore very healthy when consumed in the right amount. The recommended two servings of fruit and three servings of vegetables of the "five a day" rule should therefore not be understood as a maximum, but rather as a minimum amount.
The fear that the high sugar content of fruit can have a negative effect on body weight is rather inappropriate - even if it is fundamentally not unfounded. In principle, it does not matter which foods we use to ingest energy: if we consume fewer calories than we consume, weight gain will result. If consumed in excess, fruit can also provide too much energy. However, due to the low average calorie density, it is rather unlikely that excess pounds are mainly due to the consumption of too much fruit.
If there is an unreserved recommendation to consume fruit, there are of course exceptions, for example for people who suffer from an intolerance to fructose. Too much fruit is actually dangerous for them. Diabetics should also be particularly careful when consuming fruit and keeping an eye on the respective sugar content. Because the glucose contained in the fruit goes quickly into the blood, it is advisable to check the blood sugar level after consumption. Dried fruits should be consumed with caution by people with diabetes, because due to their reduced volume, dried fruits contain concentrated sugar. It is best to integrate fruit - whether fresh or dried - in your mixed plate meal. This not only absorbs the sugar in the fruit, but also proteins and fat as well as other substances that can slow down the rise in blood sugar levels.
- How can I get a stronger heart
- Influences the grammar of rap songs
- Why was Hampi destroyed
- What are the consequences of colliding plates
- What is the history of archaeological research
- What does Mollycoddle
- Good ethics mean good business
- What is the definition of self indicator
- What is autogenous shrinkage in concrete
- What is the term cash flow statement
- Edible ink is food coloring
- Why does the depression improve at night
- What is data center design
- What is the best classic car
- What can i do with arduino
- Has Obama made US healthcare expensive
- How do I romanticize my girlfriend
- Why are Russian fighters called flankers?
- How Instacart buyers make payments
- What is your rating about personal loans
- When do we feel lonely?
- Why are your descriptions so subjective
- What helps with visa advice
- What is the TA Army
- What is bond paper and contract paper
- How do I learn like a scientist
- How does the brewing of tea and coffee work
- What is the diameter of an ellipse
- What are the amazing facts about Agra
- When does the tailgating start for you?
- What is the shutter speed
- Can Oxycodone and Cymbalta be taken together
- How is chemiluminescence used in biology
- How is a website and app created