How does SEO work with inbound marketing
SEO Sunday: Inbound Marketing as an SEO Strategy
Today I don't want to go into certain areas of the Search engine optimization write, not complain about the latest algorithm changes by Google or give my opinion on the new Disavow tool. Instead, I would like to zoom in a little further today and look at the entire SEO game again from above, namely as part of the "Inbound marketing“.
For about 1-2 years now, English-language SEO websites have been increasingly concerned with the topic of inbound marketing and regard SEO as only part of the big puzzle. Instead of focusing on rankings, backlinks and visibility in day-to-day work, the overall focus is more on the Creation of quality content, attracting attention, honest recommendations, the Generation of leads and converting these into sales.
But what exactly is "inbound marketing" and what part can SEO contribute to the crucial goals of a website, namely to satisfy the needs of the users and to achieve an increase in leads and sales.
Definition of inbound marketing:
In contrast to the "Outbound marketing", In which the attempt is made to find a new customer by sending out advertising messages, the"Inbound marketing“To create information and content that will be found by potential customers when they are in search of it.
In addition to the acquisition of new customers, the loyalty of current customers and known interested parties also plays an important role in order to ultimately convince them of your own product or to bind them to the company.
The strong development of "inbound marketing" was ultimately the realization that fewer and fewer people can be reached via classic advertising messages. Instead of direct mail, radio, TV advertising, flyers, telephone marketing, print advertising, etc., companies are increasingly addressing their target group online using various content marketing measures. Content marketing is to be understood as the core of inbound marketing and is responsible, among other things, for the success of all SEO and social media measures. This is mainly achieved through the creation and dissemination of relevant content, e.g. through blogs, potcasts, web videos, e-books (by the way, this is where our free inbound marketing e-book), e-newsletters, white papers etc.
What are the goals of inbound marketing measures:
Various goals can be achieved by creating and distributing high quality content. But who high quality content provides and Votes in the form of shares and backlinks can achieve sustainable SEO success. By regularly creating high-quality content, the keyword fields of your own website are expanded and the reputation is increased in the form of shares, links and traffic, among other things. The organically created backlinks from high-quality sources also lead to a sustainable increase in referral traffic.
Not only SEO success depends on a successful inbound strategy, but all of them Social media successes are based on the provision of interesting and high quality content. Without good content, no social media strategy will be able to achieve success.
If you look at the successes of different companies, which one yours SEO strategy have focused on inbound marketing measures, then this also led to an authority status within the industry in the long term.
If you look at the developments at Google, e.g. the increasing Relevance of trust links, social signals or the recognition of authorities through the author tagthen inbound marketing seems to be one here Solution to many SEO problems to be.
The very clear goal, however, is to generate leads and convert them into sales, as only these key figures ensure the long-term success of a company. In my opinion, unfortunately, many SEOs often neglect precisely these key figures, because in day-to-day business you are simply too focused on rankings, backlinks, visibility.
What are the arguments for using inbound marketing:
- Lower lead costs than traditional marketing measures
- sustainable investment in high quality content and contacts
- no ongoing expenses for new advertisements
- no intrusive advertising
- Increase in reputation and brand awareness
- Sustainable SEO rankings
- increasing number of returning visitors
- increasing number of followers in social networks
- Increase in referral traffic through organic links
- Obtaining customer data to create your own address database
Inbound Marketing Instruments:
- Content marketing
- Public Relations (PR)
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
Success factors of inbound marketing:
- Regular creation of high quality content
- Current and interesting content
- Creativity in creation (idea beats budget)
- Uniqueness of the content
- Possibility to share and link content
- Structured preparation of the content
Inbound Marketing Process:
- Analysis of target groups and their interests
- Generation of high quality content
- Publication taking into account search engine optimization
- Seeding via your own address lists, social networks and PR measures
- Traffic generation
- Lead generation
- Sales generation
And finally two quotes that I found on the website of the inbound marketing software Hubspot:
"The thickness of your brain matters a lot more than the thickness of your wallet."
Brian Halligan (CEO Hubspot)
"You don’t ask someone to marry you on the first
date. People get kind of freaked out when you
do that. You get to know each other first, then
introduce the friends, then the family, and then,
once you know the whole package looks good,
you put a ring on it. "
Matthew Wainwright (HubSpot)
What are your experiences with Inbound marketing measures? Who has already made the switch from more technical and manipulative SEO measures to content marketing and what are your experiences?
- Is super Mario Maker 2 multiplayer
- How does Odysseus escape the Cyclops?
- What is an unconscious bias
- How can I get Twitter followers
- Is glutaraldehyde a physical hazard
- Why did the Romans eat lying down?
- What are the best dashboard user interfaces
- Which food starts with n
- How will Donald Trump announce his resignation
- What types of information are there
- Females have periods
- Who designed the Dropbox icons
- Consumers find social advertising useful
- What are the 4 types of income
- What is your opinion on Hillary Clinton
- Who called Apostle Peter a fisherman
- What should a curriculum look like
- Why are there unclaimed deposits with banks
- Which will cause less pain
- Schools receive funding for IEP
- Is PyTorch faster than Keras
- What do movies about Mars do wrong
- What is Florida State's nickname
- What do goddesses do
- Which country does Niagara own
- How fast can a paper airplane fly
- Is Trump unprofessional in attacking California
- Why is the goddess Kali Yamuna called
- What is missing in your parenting
- How much does 500 Kenyan currency cost
- The FICO values change so much over time
- How could libertarianism work in health care
- What are the uses of Propofol