Why direct democracy is obsolete today
Democracy: Can It Still Work Today?
There is an idea of the division of labor between politics and the media that today seems touchingly antiquated. According to her, there is a clear, almost razor-sharp separation: politicians make politics, and journalists describe, comment and judge them. This is a very prerequisite construction.
Because it assumes two things. On the one hand, that on the one hand there is the political space in which the actors can be among themselves and pursue their tasks without being disturbed by curious or demanding looks from outside. On the other hand, it presupposes that there is an authority beyond the sphere of politics that is authorized, indeed mandated, to bring the results of political action to light, to make them public and to make judgments about them.
It is obvious that this division of tasks is not far off. The space of the political, shielded from the public, has long ceased to exist. On the one hand, no longer because every politician knows today that he must strive to become a public figure. To do this, he needs media, journalists, pictures, talk shows, home stories, indiscretions.
The success of a politician is measured not least by how well he succeeds in making the dividing wall between politics and the public permeable. The shielded space of the political no longer exists, however, because the media today, in a sometimes intrusive way, see it as their task to bring light into the furthest corners of the political, but above all: not only to accompany politics, but to close it do.
- What are panels
- Does the Oppo A3S support fast charging?
- Who created the Just Say No campaign
- What can I do about lazy managers
- Should I study electronics?
- Which is the largest unicellular organism
- Are CDNs worth it
- Where can I rent mini excavators
- How many verbs are there in Japanese
- Is Manav Rachna International University good
- Are children bullied in Catholic schools
- Where can I find Nokia Symbian Apps
- Which is the best Amazon clone script
- What's the best way to chop garlic
- Can I do an MA after 2
- What is the best boning knife
- Smartphone addiction can result in loneliness or anxiety
- How did Muhammad Ali come to Parkinson?
- What are cycling shorts
- Can i scratch email ids from facebook
- I use drugs because I am bipolar
- How do I find an online internship
- Homelessness can affect your personality
- What colleges do game developers go to