How can I eat more spinach
Health tip: why we should eat more spinach
Diverse, full of healthy nutrients and seasonal: there are good reasons to eat more spinach now.
Whether fresh in a salad, blanched as a side dish, chopped up in a smoothie or pureed in gnocchi: spinach is extremely versatile. Depending on the season, the appearance of spinach changes completely. The spring spinach currently available is tender, does not have to be cooked before consumption and spices up every salad. In autumn and winter, the spinach comes in thick clumps with roots and goes well as a warm side dish to light dishes. Its aroma is rounded off by garlic, cheese and cream.
Due to a comma error, spinach was long believed to be ten times richer in iron than it actually is. Nevertheless, the leafy vegetables have numerous health-promoting ingredients. Spinach grows very quickly and absorbs a lot of nutrients from the soil. Fertilized soils often contain large amounts of nitrate, which improves the supply of oxygen and strengthens the muscles. Spinach can lower blood pressure, and thanks to antioxidants, leafy vegetables are believed to have cancer-preventing effects. The digestive system also benefits: cooked spinach can relieve flatulence, and spinach is an easily digestible bland food for diarrhea. In addition, the vegetables, which belong to the foxtail family, are low in calories and contain only 23 kilocalories per 100 grams. The thylakoids contained in spinach can slow down fat digestion and thus prevent cravings.
Environmentally conscious consumers buy regional and seasonal food
In addition to the almost endless possibilities of use and positive effects on health, spinach, which is in season in Switzerland from March to November, currently has a good energy and ecological balance. What does that mean? The embodied energy of food is the amount of energy that is required for the life of the products. It is found, for example, in the heat and electricity requirements for the production and processing of food, in the fuel used for transport, in product packaging and in the electricity and heat requirements for storage, sale and preparation. In addition to food producers, consumers also contribute to the energy balance of food. This includes, for example, the choice of means of transport to get to the store or market, the place of purchase and the storage and recycling of the products.
The calculation of environmental aspects over the entire life cycle often requires a great deal of numbers and information that are not on the packaging and are difficult to trace. In addition, the production methods differ greatly depending on the farmer. However, it can be said that plant-based products are usually more environmentally friendly than meat, eggs or milk. Fruits and vegetables from the region have a particularly good environmental balance when they are in season. That is why environmentally conscious consumers should opt for seasonal products from outdoor cultivation - such as spinach, for example - when buying fruit and vegetables.
#WE ARE THE FUTURE
The national campaign #WIRSINDZUKUNFT is supported by well-known companies and EnergieSchweiz. It is intended to encourage the Swiss population to make everyday life more energy-efficient and to actively deal with the issues of energy and climate protection. As a media partner, 20 Minuten accompanies #WIRSINDZUKUNFT with background reports, reports and quizzes.
- What do sweet potatoes look like?
- What does letting go mean let god mean
- How can I be more professionally presentable
- What does vertical know-how mean in logistics
- Removes a factory reset for software updates
- Has anyone cured hypothyroidism with homeopathy
- Derrida is nonsense
- What is the full form of LI
- What is an analysis of the value chain in the industry
- Is there a French equivalent of Spanglish
- What are the biggest myths about Moscow
- How do you leave the military early?
- Why do people smoke hashish herb
- What is 2x + 3 7
- Why analytics
- What are the attractions of Ajmer
- Pokemon Franchise How Does Brock See
- Is getting married by marriage a trustworthy one?
- How can I expand my active vocabulary?
- Can Siri reset your phone
- Why has biometric security become more prevalent
- What was Lenin's opinion of Stalin
- What is the polymer of PMMA
- What Comes First Diabetes or Frequent Urination
- How far did Jesus go to Golgotha?
- Pays YouTube to stream music
- Why is domestic violence increasing in Nigeria
- What Kannada movies are available on Netflix
- Are animism and panpsychism the same?
- What is an unregistered mutual fund
- What is the Italian word for school?
- Is loneliness common in children of narcissists
- Where do butterflies live